Part 57

Y/n was sat, once again, on her bed, on top of the covers, in full clothing. She could hear the yelling coming from the lounge room. And then the doorbell rang. She teleported downstairs with an orange flash. She smiled at Wanda and Vision, who were on the couch.

"Well, it's a bit late for a guest isn't it?" She opened the door quickly. She felt her shoulders drop. She tried to open her mouth but no sound came out. Vision looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Y/n, who is it?" The man stepped forward into the house as Y/n stumbled back. With a goofy grin on his face, Pietro chuckled.

"Long lost hero get to squeeze his fricken wife or what?!" Wanda stood up and hesitantly stepped towards him.

"Pietro?" Pietro casually pointed at Vision.

"Who's the toaster?"

~~~

Y/n ran downstairs as Pietro was making the twins scream. She laughed, joining in. She teleported next to the twins, tickling them as they screeched. Wanda came stomping down the stairs with a frown. 

"Somebody better be bleeding broken or on fire." Billy looked at her costume. 

"Woah Mom, are you some kind of old Red Riding Hood?" Y/n fist-bumped him as Wanda grinned. 

"No, I'm a Sokovian fortune teller!" Pietro nodded. 

"Wow, that is" Tommy smiled. 

"Rad!" Pietro finished. 

"Lame."

"Lame." Pietro grimaced.

"It's worse than the costumes mom made us the year we got typhus." Wanda frowned as Pietro told the story.

"That's not how I remember it." Pietro stepped forward.

"You probably suppressed a lot of the trauma." Y/n whacked him on the arm with a smile. Pietro took her hand above her head and spun her quickly. He stopped suddenly and let her fall into his arms. She giggled and pecked him on the cheek.

Next down the stairs was Vision. Pietro stared at him.

"Woah, sweet costume bro-ham in-law. Let me guess, traffic light?" Y/n pointed at him.

"Half-shucked corn!" Peirto leaned forward with a grin.

"A booger!" Vision sighed and nodded in defeat.

"Yes." Wanda smiled and messed with his collar as they spoke. Y/n turned to Pietro. Usually, she would listen in to the romantic rubbish Wanda and Vision spewed at each other, but she found herself staring at Pietro. She looked down at his finger and saw a sleek wedding band around the base of his finger. She turned her head, and surely enough she had one of her own. She remembered loving him, but not marrying him. Wait, that's stupid. She didn't remember loving him, she still loved him. This was her husband. She frowned for a moment just as Pietro caught her eye. 

"Hey, something wrong?" Y/n shook her head. 

"Not really, I just can't seem to remember us getting married. Sorry, I feel bad that I've forgotten it." Pietro shrugged with a chuckle. 

"Honestly, I don't remember much of that night either. I think there were a lot of shots involved though, which probably doesn't help." Y/n couldn't contain her smile. 

"You're right. See? I knew it was stupid." Wanda coughed to catch the couple's attention. 

"You guys coming or not? If you don't hurry these two will have gotten all the candy already!" Pietro brought his arm out with a grin that Y/n matched as she held on to it and journeyed out into the night together.

Y/n watched as the twins ran around with their uncle, their main goal to live up to Pietro's cheer of "Unleash hell demon spawn!" She put herself in the role of "Pietro rangler", keeping him attached to her arm was the only way she could think of to stop him from causing more havoc. She only let go when he would go to talk to Wanda, but each time they talked, they both left sadder.

Wanda looked over at Y/n as she walked along side Pietro. She had been so excited that he arrived, and she was smiling ear to ear, but there was something in her eyes, a coldness brushing past when she looked at him. Wanda stared at the two of them for a few minutes, holding out for the spark that she was used to, but it just wasn't there. She headed over and grabbed Y/n by the arm, pulling her down onto one of the town square hay bails with a yelp. Y/n smiled.

"Watch yourself, Wanda, you almost pulled my arm off!" Y/n laughed but Wanda kept her glare.

"Y/n, is there something going on between you and Pietro?" Y/n scoffed.

"Wow, I have never seen anyone so interested in their brother's love life. Of course not! We're all good." Wanda held her hands with a tight grip.

"But you haven't kissed, you've barely even hugged, and you look at him like he's a stranger." Wanda held her hand up to Y/n's cheek, and in that moment Y/n's eyes lit up.

"Wanda, he is a stranger." Wanda pulled away.

"No, he's my brother, he's your husband! Why don't you love him anymore." Y/n shook her head.

"No Wanda, he's not. Pietro and I never even got married. He died." Wanda shook her head fiercely, muttering disbelief under her breath when Y/n's eyes shot up.

"My son. Wanda where is my son." Wanda tilted her head.

"Lucas? Lucas! That's the other thing! You haven't told Pietro about Lucas!" Y/n pursed her lips.

"I... I don't have any reason to tell Pietro about my son, even if that man is him." Wanda laughed lightly.

"He's Pietro's son too Y/n, not just yours." Y/n took a jagged breath as she shook her head.

"Actually, he's not."

~~~

Word Count: 993

Okay... so it's been four months. I am nothing if not inconsistent. But I'm back and I'm hoping to finally finish this fic. We're nearing the end, so it's gonna be fine. I'll make it. Plus, this feels like a good cliffhanger reveal to end the chapter on, and the next one will be out soon. Hopefully. 

 Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!