Part 42

"All right. We have a plan. Six stones, three teams, one shot." Y/n lifted the side of her mouth into a smirk. 

"And if all goes well, 0 mistakes." 

~~~ 

Steve looked around at the group of people in front of him. Everyone was wearing their time travel suits in front of their time machine. 

"Five years ago we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round trip each, no mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck." Rocket looked up at Scott. 

"He's pretty good at that." Scott grinned and shook his head. 

"Right? You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly Green." Everyone stood in a circle, waiting to be teleported into the past. Y/n took a deep breath and looked at Natasha. She gave everyone a small smile. 

"See ya in a minute." Everyone's helmets popped down and everything started spinning and lighting up. In a second, they were all back in 2012, in the middle o the battle of New York. They appeared in a small side street. Steve stepped forward and looked around. 

"We all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Everyone jumped back as 2012 Hulk came smashing past, grunting and yelling as he smashed a car over a chitari's head. That was before tearing off the wheel and then jumping on the car to crush it even further. Future Bruce Hulk Banner Man hung his head in shame. Steve looked at him with a shrug. 

"Maybe smash a few things along the way." 

~~~ 

Y/n was tapping her toes as Present Future Banner Hulk Bruce landed on the roof of the Bleeker street magician where she had been waiting. 

"Took you long enough." Bruce gave her a bored glare before reaching for the door handle. Before he could grab a hold of it, a voice came from behind the pair. 

"I'd be careful going that way. We just had the floors waxed." They both looked over to see a bald bold woman dressed in all yellow. She was definitely a lesbian. Bruce walked around to see her better. 

"Yeah, I'm looking for Dr. Strange." She looked at him and walked around the rooftop. 

"You're around 5 years too early. Stephan Strange is currently performing surgery about 20 blocks that way. What do you want from him?" Y/n smiled as she pointed at the eye of Agamotto around the woman's neck. 

"Actually, we need that piece of jewellery right there." She looked down. 

"Ahh! I'm afraid not." Bruce shrugged. 

"Sorry, but we aren't really asking." He stepped towards her. She just stared at him blankly. 

"You don't want to do this." He smiled in a smug way that only a man with that much of an inflated ego can. 

"You're right, I don't. But I need that stone and I don't have time to debate it." He walked forward and reached out to grab it. She blocked him and sent his soul flying back out of his body. Y/n pointed and let out a laugh of a breath. The Hulk came crashing to the floor and the lady smiled at him. 

"Let's try this again shall we?" 

~~~ 

Y/n smiled as she helped move Bruce's body onto a lawn chair. She looked up at the sorcerer supreme and pleaded. 

"Please we really need that rock." She walked away. 

"I'm sorry but I can't help you. If I give up the Time Stone to help your reality, I'm dooming my own." Y/n watched as the lady's eye twitched. Bruce must be speaking. She stretched out her arm and created an orange line of light. 

"The infinity stones create what you experience as the flow of time." Small figures of the stones revolved around the line in a little cuff. 

"Remove one of those stones," She flicked one of the stones away. "and that flow splits." A grey line flew out of the orange and extended far away. 

"Now, this may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branch reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world would be overrun. Millions will suffer. So tell me Dr, can your science prevent all that?" Y/n looked up at her. 

"His science may be stupid, but it's not wrong. What your saying is bull, and we are the proof. In our reality, Thanos destroyed all of the infinity stones. Every last one. And now, I'm happy. I have a wonderful son. There are lots of wonderful happy people in our reality, and there are also sad ones, but that was always normal. We lost all the stones, can't you make do without one?" She shook her head. She looked off into a blank space, Bruce. 

"Yes but you're leaving out the most important part. In order to return the stones, you have to survive." Y/n waited a moment before speaking. 

"Someone will. One of us. At least one of us will live, and they'll bring them back. I promise." She shook her head again. 

"I can't risk this reality on a promise. It's the duty of the sorcerer supreme to protect the time stone." Y/n scoffed. 

"Really? Cause Strange just kinda gave it away. Straight to Thanos." Her eyes widened. 

"What did you say?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows. 

"I saw it with my own eyes. He gave the stone up to Thanos." She started at her. 

"Willingly?" Y/n nodded. The woman raised her eyebrow. 

"Why?" Y/n looked at her. 

"To save us. He said it was the only way." She stood up. 

"Or I did."

~~~ 

Word Count: 1061

I am like, so sick right now. Usually, I write my chapters ahead of time, but I totally forgot, so now I'm writing this in an hour while my flu meds kick in. What a wild ride. 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!