Part 50

Y/n waltzed down the stair and locked her eyes on Vision holding up a small leotard next to Wanda. 

"Wow Vis, changing up our wardrobe I see, even brought the actual wardrobe out." She pointed to the massive cupboard standing between them. Wanda chuckled as Vis frowned. She walked over and Wanda smiled. 

"We were just practising for the talent show, are you going to do anything Y/n?" Y/n smirked. 

"Well, this professional singer is going to do some singing! Shocking really." Vis looked at Y/n. 

"If you're still a professional singer, why aren't you on a tour right now?" Y/n and Wand both turned to him with their hands on their hips. Y/n pouted.

"And what is your job exactly?" Vision paused as Y/n's grin grew. 

"Right." Wanda smiled. 

"I hate to break this up, but we have to go to that planning committee Y/n, and we don't want to be late." Vision put on his coat. 

"That's me off as well actually, there's a meeting with the neighbourhood watch at the public library. And after last night's excitement, I want to make sure this town's security is up to snuff." Wand nodded. 

"That's a swell idea. You tell those tree branches whose boss." They pecked each other on the lips. Vision looked deep into Wanda's eyes. 

"Would you look at us? Wanda and Vision, Westview fitter-inners." Wanda sprung to the side with a flourish. 

"I'll see you at curtain call." 

~~~

Y/n walked out of the house as Anges and Wanda called for her. 

"I'm coming! I was just getting on my new shoes." Y/n showed Agnes her heels, twisting her feet neatly. Anges smiled. 

"Well ain't those spick and span!"' Y/n fluffed her hair and adjusted her cropped jacket. The plaid pattern matched her pencil skirt, making it quite the spiffy outfit. 

The three of them walked past the neat little houses. Agnes linked arms with the two women. 

"So, are you ready to meet Queen Cul de Sac and her Merry Homemakers?" Y/n chuckled as Wanda shook her head. 

"Agnes, Dottie can't be as bad as you say." Agnes tilted her head towards a row of neat rose bushes lining a prim house. 

"Hmm, well, you'll notice her roses bloom under penalty of death. Wanda, Y/n, can I give you both a bit of friendly advice?" Wanda touched her hand to her chest. 

"Is it about the way I'm dressed?" Agnes looked at her. 

"Yes, but it's too late for that." Y/n mentally high-fived her. Agnes picked up Y/n and Wanda's hands. 

"Dottie is the key to everything in this town. Country club memberships, parties, school admissions," Wanda shook her head. 

"Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves." Agnes leaned in close to the two women. 

"You get in with Dottrie, and it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. Just mind your P's and Q's and you're gonna do just fine." Wanda looked at her. 

"Or maybe I could just be myself, more or less." Y/n looked at her and pat her back. 

"Less." Agnes laughed. 

"Wanda, that's good." They laughed but stopped when the three women saw Dottie walking out. Y/n smiled over. 

"Hiya Dottie, your roses are just divine!" Dottie waved like a queen as she walked over. 

"Why thank you." 

They all sat down in an elegant gazebo next to a pool. A lady was speaking at the front. 

"The Rotary Club is finishing the stage set-up as we speak. They've given the gazebo a fresh coat of paint and will be installing the final decorations all through the town square. And if you recognise the antique footlights, it's because they're from my store." Dottie leaned forward. 

"And the chairs?" The lady looked like someone took a hammer to her chest. 

"I'm sorry Dottie, I didn't ask about the chairs." Dottie smiled in a sickly sweet way as she leaned forward. 

"So you better not ask me if you can chair any committees in the future." The ladies all laughed, so Y/n and Wanda joined in. Dottie stood up as the lady ran back to her chair. 

"The devil's in the details, Bev." Y/n saw Wanda and Agnes talking. Sadly, they had snagged seats next to each other, so Y/n was forced to sit across from Dottie, always in direct sight. Dottie smiled again. 

"As you all know, the talent show is the sole fundraiser for Westview Elementary. In eight years since I founded our club, this event has gotten bigger and better every season." Y/n watched as Dottie spotted Wanda and another woman talking. 

"We only have a few hours until showtime, so a little less cross-chatter, and a little more focus. Those little boys and girls are counting on us. All of this is for the children." Like a reflex, all of the women, including Y/n chanted at once, "For the children." Sadly, Wanda missed the memo. Everyone turned to her. Once again the odd one out. Dottie stumbled for a moment at Wanda's late response before starting once more. 

"So I want to all to give yourselves a big hand," Wanda started clapping. "At the appropriate time of course. But first, let's review event etiquette."

~~~

Y/n waited outside the pool with Agnes. Wanda had been chosen by Dottie to help clean up, what a joy. Agnes tapped Y/n's arm. 

"So doll, what do you do with yourself, or what did you do before Westview?" Y/n smiled. 

"Before Westview, well, before, Westview, well" Agnes laughed. 

"No need to hurry dear! Did you have a man?" Y/n nodded. 

"Yes, I did. But I..." Agnes smiled. 

"How wonderful. Young love, I miss it. I remember back when Ralph used to woo me. What was the lucky guy's name?" Y/n could feel her chest tighten. Wanda walked out in a hurry. 

"You gals ready to go?" Y/n sprang forward. 

"Yep! Let's go, Agnes!" 

~~~

Word Count: 1012 

I love Wandavision so much!!!!! The outfits, the story, the music, just everything. Take me there, please. 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!