Part 36

Thanos shrugged. 

"I'd finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills." Dr. Strange took a step toward him. He brought his hands out in front of him and rubbed them together. As he split his hands apart, orange sparks started flying, and spirals and runes were attached to his palms. 

"I think you'll find our will equal to yours." Thanos looked up into the sky. 

"Our?" 

A large metal piece of debris started flying toward Thanos, Iron Man hidden behind it, pushing it through the heavy air. The column smashed into the ground, dust from the ground flying high above everything. Y/n smiled s she heard Tony over the intercom.  

"Piece of cake Quill." Peter Quill just started running forward. 

"Yeah, if your goal was to piss him off!" Everything stopped as the column disappeared, fading into the air as a purple glow ripped through it. Thanos was groaning as he raised his fist. He threw his arm to the side, a cloud of red dust piercing the air as the debris turned into bats. The bats all swarmed Tony, leaving his to cry out as he flew away. But before anyone could speak, Peter Parker swung in front of Thanos and webbed his eyes shut, and then he did it again, and again. Drax lunged forward at Thanos, desperately trying to plunge knives into his back as Dr. Strange created a long sword out of his magic and swung at Thanos. 

Thanos ripped the webbing off of his eyes as Peter Quill kicked him in the back. It was a constant push and pull, whoever got close was thrown away, and then it was someone else's turn to try and land a hit. Dr. Strange threw out small landing pads into the air, and Peter Quill used each one as a step, slowly getting closer and closer to his target before throwing an explosive onto Thanos's back. He let his mask drift down and disappear off his face. 

"Boom!" He lifted his middle finger as he jumped backward. As his body lurched towards the ground, an orange portal sparked below him. Y/n took a deep breath and teleported into the action. She jumped before she teleported, making it so that when she arrived in place, her foot smashed against the titan's face. In the blink of an eye, she was buckling his knees. She squeaked as Thanos grabbed her arm and crushed it. She whimpered lightly as she teleported out of his reach the second he let go. She looked up as she heard Peter Parker yell. 

"Magic! More magic!" He was jumping threw Dr. Stranges portals and flipping over Thanos. She smiled as he kicked him in the stomach. 

"Magic with a kick! Magic with a..." Her smile didn't last long as he caught Peter by the throat to stop him from kicking him. He slammed Peter Parker to the ground. 

"Insect!" He threw Spider-Man to the side, right next to Y/n. Y/n looked at Peter. 

"Any chance I can borrow that awesome healing ability of yours?" Peter just raised an eyebrow, so Y/n lifted her arm, showing the floppy forearm, her bones poking out of place while still being inside of the skin. Peter winced and she just nodded while looking at it with wide eyes. 

"Yep." Peter looked at her, then back at her arm. 

"Yep."

They both looked up again as they heard explosions go off. They watched as Iron Man flew in, shooting Thanos with his laser cannons. Thanos lifted his arm, the fiery expulsions warping into a shrinking sphere before completely disappearing. Thanos let out an almighty yell before unleashing the fire back out to Iron Man. Peter Parker used this as the perfect distraction and swung over, his webbing catching the gauntlet. Thanos just whipped his arm back, sending Peter flying toward him. Thanos landed a punch on Peter Parker's face before throwing him aside and wiping off the webbing from his fist. 

Before he could do anything else, a large sphere of metal being dragged by Iron Man crushed him. The ball dragged Thanos across the ground. As he slowly stood up, Nebula swung at him, punching him across the face. Thanos looked at her. 

"Well well." There was pain in her eyes. 

"You should have killed me." But Thanos was emotionless. 

"It would have been a waste of parts." They ran at each other, Nebula swinging her sword, but even when her hits landed, there was almost no damage made. 

"Where's Gamora?" Thanos threw her and she flew backward. Dr. Strange created long red tendrils that wrapped themselves around Thanos's gauntlet. They were tightening themselves when Y/n and Drax jumped in and buckled his legs. Thanos fell to his knees, grasping at the gauntlet. Peter Quill fired some type of gun at the ground once Y/n teleported herself and Drax out of the way. Long, blue, electric volts sprouted up and clung to Thanos's arm, ripping it down. Thanos now had one arm caught by the tendrils and one by the volts, but Y/n wasn't paying attention. The volts, they had reminded her. 

They made her think of Pietro. Where was he now? Was he wondering why she hadn't come home, had he seen the news? Was he okay? Would she see him again? I mean, she has to, right? She has to see him again. Her wedding was soon, she had to be back! She felt sick to her stomach. 

She would fight, she had to. But once she finished, could she get back home? Would there even be a home to get back to? 

~~~

Word Count: 1020

Got I both hate and love this chapter. I uploaded it on time this week! Miracles do happen. Wow. 

This chapter is a bit short, but I think at this point they all are. I aim for 1000 words minimum, but the school year is busy, so you get what you get and I get disappointed in myself. 

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!