Part 18

Y/n sat on her bed and looked around her room. She now has a new addition to her cork board, the orange rose Pietro had given her. She had flattened it with some books from the library, and had to deflect Steve's questions about what she was reading. He seemed upset she didn't want to talk with him, so Y/n was surprised when she heard his knock on the door.

"Hey Y/n." Y/n hung onto her door frame, looking up at Steve.

"Hello Steven." She was still annoyed that he hadn't trusted her, and it was coming out in her voice. Well, that and everything else about her body language. He hung his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Look, I was thinking that we could do some training. Just us." Y/n frowned slightly.

"That's all you have to say? Okay then, let's go." She walked past and knocked his shoulder roughly, leaving him in a jog to catch up.

In the gym, after an extreme work out, Steve and Y/n were sitting on the bench and getting a drink. Steve looked at her.

"I have a question, about your powers." Y/n looked at him.

"Okay, shoot."

"How did you find out you teleport when you press your cheeks?" Y/n smiled a bit as she fiddled with her hands.

"Accidentally, but really, I don't have to, I just prefer it. It makes it easier to aim, easier to transfer. Doing it without pressing my cheeks is exhausting, and I was never good at it." Steve stood up and held out his hand.

"How about this then, let's make a goal. We'll train everyday until you can teleport without using your hands." Y/n raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"What's in it for me Mr America?" Y/n watched as Steve's grin grew.

"I may or may not have a few copies of public service announcements I made for the city. And trust me, they're all quite embarrassing." Y/n nodded as she leant back against the wall.

"And I'm assuming I would get a copy of all these videos?" Steve nodded and Y/n shook his hand before using it to pull him into a hug. With her head on his shoulder, they both smiled.

"I'm sorry I didn't trust you. I should have, I was wrong." Y/n chuckled softly.

"Thanks. It means a lot."

~~~

Y/n and Steve trained for hours everyday, it was exhausting. They would both leave and immediately fall asleep. Pietro would knock on Y/n's door, but there was almost never an answer, and Wanda was starting to miss her sitcom watching partner.

She was working hard, and she was making progress. Soon, she was teleporting across the whole compound without a single finger being pressed on her face. As much as everyone wished they could spend a little more time with her, they noticed how happy she was. She never had too much time for dates with Pietro, so they would sit on the roof and look at the stars. And when she was holding hands with him as they laid down on a soft blanket, she was happy. It was pure joy.

~~~

Y/n wiped her face with a towel as she sat on the cold floor.

"Steve, we need to talk." He looked over and motioned for her to continue.

"Look Rogers, I think I can officially say I don't need to press my face anymore. I want to see these videos, now." Steve sighed.

"I was really hoping you would forget that. Like, really hoping." Y/n shook her head and pointed her arm out at him.

"No way, this was my motivation. I want these videos." Steve dropped his head and motioned for her to follow him.

They walked out of the gym and into Steve's room. He walked over to his desk and opened a draw. He took out a small box and took a key from under a photo frame. Y/n rolled her eyes.