Part 27

Y/n held Marie's hands. She was grinning, as in a crazy wide grin.

"Okay, Marie? We have one chance, one chance only, we have to get this right." Marie nodded and chuckled.

"I know, Y/n, we've been over it around 14 times. In the last minute." Y/n took a deep breath and smiled. She gave Marie a quick squeeze.

Go time.

~~~~

Y/n walked into the little room holding Pietro by the elbow. She dramatically swung her arm around.

"And here, is where I am learning the great craft of reading!" They took another step into the small room. There was a table, a bookcase along the wall, and a rug that sat in the center of the room.

"I know it's not much, and that it's attached to a dance school, but" Pietro smiled.

"I love it. It's cute." Y/n was grinning ear to ear as she pecked him quickly on the cheek before moving around.

"Okay, so I'm just gonna be reading the book we started last week." Y/n pulled Pietro down into a seat and pulled out a book. Marie was sitting at the other side of the desk, helping every now and again when Y/n needed it. It was a simple book, one made for children, but when Pietro was watching her read it, it could have been Shakespeare. It could have been a poem of lovers whose story was shining bright, written with stars. Anything she did was full of beauty and joy to him.

She stopped suddenly and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Hey, Pietro, what does this line say?" She passed the book over to him. He brought it closer and looked at the line.

"Will you marry me?"

He looked back at her, but she wasn't on her chair. She was on the floor on one knee, holding a ring out to him.

"Come on then, yes or no?" He put the book down in shock.

"Are you, asking me to marry you?" Y/n smiled as a tear came down her face.

"I thought that was obvious. I just, I love you more than any book, or movie, or, or place. I love you more than any words that I could say to you now or anywhere else. And I want to spend the rest of my life next to you. With you, shit I practiced that so much." Y/n chuckled softly as she hung her head. Pietro couldn't stop the tears falling down his face.

"Yes, of course, yes!" He pulled Y/n up and into a hug. He pulled her away and into a kiss. They both started laughing. Y/n held up the ring box to him. The ring was a simple band made of silver, with an interlocking pattern of an orange and blue line. It looked like the sun mixing with the ocean. It was gorgeous.

"Are you gonna put this on? It took tons of money to get."

~~~

Word Count: 565

OMG, ITS MARRIAGE TIME!!!!! I loved writing this chapter, so much. As in, so so much. I thought that the proposal idea was cute, and I just couldn't see it any other way. I also love that it was Y/n proposing to him instead of the other way around.

I know I uploaded this super late, but I was so busy all week, it's the final week of school for the semester! So I'll definitely have a longer chapter next week.

Thanks so much for reading! Make sure to comment and vote, see you next week!