Part 15

Y/n was surrounded by a darkness, but felt a deep sense of warmth. She was standing still, looking as the nothingness spread on for forever. The floor wasn't made of wood, or metal, or plastic. It wasn't made of anything, but as she moved her feet, it rippled as if it was water. She swung her feet around in a circle, then dragged it behind her as she turned. She chuckled. She felt free, and light. She turned around, only to see a familiar face.

Her father.

But this time, he was smiling. She ran up and hugged him, squeezing him tightly as he laughed.

"Okay, okay. You can let go now." She pulled back with a smile, looking up at him. He bushed her face with his thumb.

"You're so much prettier than I remember." Y/n shrugged.

"It's only been a few years dad." He grinned.

"And you've changed so much. You are so amazing. I've been watching. I like that Pietro boy, he has a nice heart. His face isn't bad either."

Y/n slapped him lightly and gasped.

"Dad! Well, I guess that doesn't really matter now anyway. Look, we're matching." She pointed to their bullet wounds in equal places, but her dad shook his head.

"No, we aren't. My third hit my heart. Yours, hit here." He pushed into her collarbone, right where her wound was, and she started falling backwards. It was almost as if the ground was getting closer to her, instead of the other way around. Suddenly, the endless nothing was gone, and instead, she saw the inside of her eyelids.

She opened her eyes slowly, letting them adjust to the light.

"I'm here." Her voice was barely a cough, but Pietro heard. He jumped up from the chair beside her bed and rushed over to crouch next to her. Y/n grinned as she turned her head towards him.

"Wow, you look like shit." Pietro laughed and held her hand.

"Princesca, you're awake!" Y/n smiled.

"Yeah, they ran out of donuts in heaven, so I thought, what the heck, might as well. I feel high right now, am I high?" Pietro dropped his head onto their hands.

"You're on painkillers. I'll get the others." Y/n's eyes widened.

"Sick, I could never afford these."

Pietro rushed out to the living room of the tower where everyone was waiting. They all turned their head as he came in, paused to see if it was good or bad news.

"She's okay!" Everyone cheered and Bruce stood up.

"Okay, we can't all go in at once, she's probably tired and a bit confused. Who wants to go in first?" Clint and Nat nodded and rushed to the elevator doors. They high-fived as they closed, letting them be first.

Y/n smiled as Clint and Nat walked in, but not because of them. She was laughing as she span her hands in front of her. She finally looked away and saw the two adults.

"Bow man, scary lady, look! These aren't my hands!" Nat and Clint laughed as they sat down by her bed. Clint handed her a small cupcake.

"Here, I know it was a few days ago, but we were a little busy then, so happy birthday." Y/n smiled and looked at it.

"We blew up a city." She brought her hand down and smashed the cupcake. Clint and Nat turned to each other slowly before bursting into laughter.

After that, Tony and Steve came in. They both stood, which Y/n took as a challenge. She couldn't even sit up properly, but she was fully convinced she was doing cartwheels around them. Tony looked at her with a grin.

"You should see what the media's saying about you. You're the headline around the world." Y/n laughed.

"I never read the paper. And I never will." As she spoke, her smile dropped a bit. Tony noticed, but decided against mentioning it. Steve smirked as he looked at her.

"Then we'll be the ones to tell you they gave you a name. Circuit." Y/n grinned.

"Not bad."

Bruce and Thor came in for a little, but they both left pretty quickly. The last pair was Wanda and Pietro. He thanked her for saving him, but she just laughed.

"You're stupid. You were gonna die and I knew cause I know you didn't think of grabbing something to shield them. Your brains slow, but your like, sooooo fast." Wanda had a good laugh about that.

After a few weeks Y/n was off painkillers and out and about. She was sad that Jarvis wasn't Jarvis anymore, but she knew she'd get used to Friday all the same. She had moved into the compound, and it was basically bare bones. Almost nothing had been shipped over yet, just the very basics, but even then, and even with most of the avengers leaving, she was ready for it to be her new home.

....

Y/n was in the kitchen when Pietro came in. He wasn't there one second, and the next he was at the counter, sitting on a stool.

"Hey princesca, what are you making?" Y/n smiled as she wiped her hands on her apron.

"Orange cake. It's the best colour." Pietro scoffed.

"Blue is waaaay better." Y/n shook her head. She quickly dipped her finger in one of the ingredient jars and tasted it. Pietro raised an eyebrow.

"Why are testing the salt?" She frowned.

"It's a good thing I did, I thought that was sugar. That's why I test it." She put the salt away, and redid the procedure, this time ending in a smile. Pietro shrugged.

"You know, there is packaging for a reason. Just read that." Y/n mocked him and he gasped in fake shock.

"Oh princsca how could you?" She smiled.

"You'll get over it pretty boy." Pietro grinned as she finished adding ingredients to the batter.

"See, I like that nickname." Y/n rolled her eyes. Pietro frowned quickly.

"You know, I would take offense to that if I didn't know you loved me so much." Y/n shook her head as she folded the batter.

"I love you so much, really? Is that what's happening?" Pietro nodded.

"Oh completely. One day, we will go on a date. I swear." Y/n grinned.

"Oh don't swear, Steve doesn't like that kinda language."

~~~
Word count: 1125

Sorry that it's a bit of a short chapter this week, I just wanted to make this one mostly about almost dying.

There is foreshadowing in this chapter, twice. But I'm not gonna tell you what for.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed, and please remember to vote and comment!"