Chapter 5 - A Childs Smile

The music rushed through your wired veins. You felt apart of the rhythm, hitting each note perfectly. When you closed your eyes the world was only made up of music and your drumming movements. You loved every second. In a single moment, you felt as if though you could sing the rooftops off, but singing wasn't in your programing, so you kept silent. But your lungs longed to voice the words that Freddy sung.

After the show it was time to mingle and hang around the children. You were worried and scared that no one liked you or wanted to be with you. And you were right to worry about that. No one came to greet you. They didn't know you. Your weren't famous. Why waste such limited time on a robot that sat at the back of the pack. You felt unwanted, a strange feeling tangling in your stomach as a nagging feeling came rummaging in your mind.

Useless machine. A waste of good parts.

Shaking your head, you let your ears drop and your tail drag as you left your station. You wandered about in the flock of children, all screaming "MOXY I LOVE YOU!", "ROXY IS THE BEST!", "CHICA YOUR SO PRETTY!", "FEDDY BEATS ALL THE REST!". Huffing, you silently growled. Tears brimmed the corner of your eyes, inaudibly sniffling.

"Move out of the way you paralyzed baby!" Your head shot up, ears perked. Snapping your head in the direction of teenage laughter, you witnessed as a group of teens shoved a wheelchair bound boy backwards in the line to meet Freddy. "Hey, I was there first," the boy sniffed. "Oh boohoo. Look little Wheelchair here is gonna cry." They all snickered and cackled like a pack of hyenas. You flattened your ears, mad as the cruel hearts of some people.

Taking long strides you stood in front of the poor boy. The teens faces scrunched up as they lost sight f their victim. "Hey, what's the big idea?" When their eyes met your raging (e/c) ones they seemed to panic. Your tall stature loomed over the teens. "O-Oh. We... um we were kidding." One said. "Yeah, we were hear first anyways." Another mumbled. They backed down under your sharp gaze and disappointed stance.

Turning towards the paralyzed child, you kneeled down to his height. "Hey there sport. Whats your name." He sniffed some more, nuzzling his little glamrock Freddy plushie. "Mike," he whispered. "Well I think that's an amazing name. Those teens don't know anything." You noticed that the kid was not fully listening, his eyes were glued on Freddy, watching as he interacted with another child. "Ten minutes remain before Freddy and the gang need to rest," the same voice rung over the speakers. The boy exhaled, knowing that he wasn't going to make it before the time ran out because of the teens who took his spot. You felt bad for the poor boy. He just wanted to meet the bear, you didn't know why, but you really wanted this kid to achieve his dream.

Looking up at Freddy and back at the boy. You kindly asked, "You wanna meet Freddy?" Snuggling his plush again, he nodded. Softly smiling, you held your arms out. "May I?" He looked up at you with these huge brown eyes that sparked with life. He nodded hesitant but with a slight joy. Being as careful as a mother with a newborn, you picked up the child. You had him resting upon your hip, bringing up your soft tail to be used as a cushion. Your arms were wrapped securely around his small and weak frame.

As you walked up to were Freddy was, you felt his lags dangle and hit you. You didn't mind, even when it hit a few joints, you knew it wasn't the kids fault. Inhaling, you cleared your throat catching Freddy's attention from saying goodbye to a young girl. He stood up and stared into your eyes before glancing down at the kid on your hip. "Do you mind? He really likes you." Freddy gave a sweet toothy grin, "Why of course."

For the next five minutes Mike and Freddy talked. The child was hugging your stomach to keep himself up right as he passionately told his dream to become a mechanic so he could work at the Pizzaplex and see Freddy everyday. Freddy later told him to follow his dreams and that he was always welcome to meet him. This made Mike grin from ear to ear. "I can already tell you'll be one of the best grown ups out there Mike. Your a shooting star, born to go far."

Once Mike's time was up you said a quick 'Thanks' to Freddy before leaving. You could feel his eyes linger on you as you made you way towards the kids mother who stood beside his wheelchair. Your body was stiff under the bears sight, but once you felt his eyes leave your back you relaxed.

Gently placing the kid in his wheelchair you turn to leave until you froze as he asked, "Miss Fox?" "Yes." "Your my shooting star." Tears came flooding back to the edges of your eyes and your breath hitched. You smiled like a madman at those words. They were few and little, but they meant the world. "Thank you Mike. That... That means a lot to me."

For the few minutes that were left, you and Mike talked. Even his mother joined in on the conversation a few times. Finally, as all animatronics were sent to rest, you left Mike. You walked a few paced away before you heard mike ask, "hey mummy, can we get her plushie. Oh, please!" An even bigger smile found its way on your muzzle.

Maybe not many children would like you.

Maybe you would never be popular like the rest.

But what mattered to you was that children like Mike got to cross of a goal on their bucket list and feel like nothing can destroy them. even if its for a moment.

Seems like I'm not completely useless.