Chapter 9 - Special Pass

Warning: Mentions of lung disease, a child suffering from lung disease. Please do not come at me, these are fictional scenarios and are not intended to upset anyone.

----

It had been a few days since you saw the person in the rabbit suit during the intruder situation. The night guard, Vanessa, ruled it out as being a false alarm that an employee or S.T.A.F.F robot triggered. But you knew what you saw. You had a feeling that that rabbit had something to do with the alarm going off.
You sat in front of your (f/c) lit mirror with a comb in hand brushing your tail. Your body was doing one thing while your mind was somewhere else.
A knock at the door took you out of your trance. "Come in," you calmly called, trying to pretend the knock didn't scare you. The same short man walked in your room with a headset and microphone. "Okay (Y/N), today we have a special guest who has an ultimate VIP pass. She has a lung condition so you are to stay by her side at all times and keep a close eye on her to ensure she doesn't have a hard time breathing," he looked up from his checl board, "think you can handle it?" You nodded, excited to see this kid. "Alright. Freddy will also be joining you, by her request. However, you will need to make up an excuse scince Freddy won't be able to join you until late." You looked at the short man. "Why?" He shrugged about to leave, "I don't have high enough clearance to know."
Is Freddy okay? Did he malfunction? What happened?
Your mind rushed with worst case scenario's, panicing over his well being. Why, you didnt know. For all you knew he was an untrustworthy and dangerous being. But you had to worry. He was kind and sweet, even if you treated him like poop. It could have not been him who hurt you, but deep down you couldn't convince yourself.
"Wait," you were surprised that you even said anything. The man stopped and turned around. "Yeah?"
Just ask him. Ask him now. GO ON!
"What is her name? The girl that is comming today."
Idiot. Coward.
"Oh right," he flipped through some pages, "it's Marie." You nodded a thanks.
Fool.

You have been standing at the entrance for over an hour, waiting for Marie to arrive. You stood, watching kids run in with wild grins on their faces. Your facial scanners was dancing through the crowd, attempting to spot Marie or her mother. It took a few more minutes of waiting, but you soon found them walking in the entrance.

Weaving through the crowd of children, you found your way to them. "Hello, you must be Marie," you bent down to her twelve year old height. She had nubs in her nose with a wire that attached itself to an oxygen tank. She smiled happily. "Um, who are you," her mother snapped, "We booked ourselves with Freddy, not some fox dog thing." "Mom," the twelve year old gritted her teeth. You replies, "I am (Y/N). I have been programed to assist any child who is injured or disabled and Freddy will be joining us shortly." "Do you have any proof that your able to assist a child if they get hurt." "Mother!". You looked down at Marie and smiled, before looking back up at her mother. "Indeed. I have been approved by three different medical representatives and am equipped with first-aid products. I am also able to emit an electrical shock if the situation requires it." Marie had an amazed look on her face. "Wicked," she stated.

"I am also able to give out piggyback rides." Marie's eyes lit up like fireworks. She turned to her mum, almost bouncing. "Mum please, can I!" Her mum was about to refuse, but as she glanced at her daughters face she couldn't say no. Fist pumping the air, the twelve year old scrambled towards you. Bending down onto one knee, you leaned over allowing her to climb on your shoulders. Taking the tank off her hands, you took a firm grip on the handle. In one swift motion, you stood up.

She was light for her age. Her legs dangled next to your head and her hands had a gentle but firm hold onto your ears so she would not fall. You didn't mind, as long as she was having fun you were happy. "Where to Maire?" You asked with smile. "BOWLING!"

It was just after lunch and you were waiting in the hall for Marie's mother to return from the bathroom. You were exhausted. Maire's mother would not stop bothering you, complaining like a mad woman. "You better not drop my daughter", "If you don't keep her safe I'll have you turned into scrap", "Where is Freddy we paid for him to be here", "Hold the tank up higher so she can breath better". You understood her worry, Marie was young and sick, but that gave her no reason to be such a... female dog.

"Hey (Y/N)?" Marie called from beside you. She sat in a red chair, her hand fiddling with the tanks label. "Yes? Is something wrong?". She shook her head, "No everything is fine, its just. I wanted to come here so I could do fun things and do them myself, but mum just... She's no fun." Your gaze softened as her face scrunched up with sadness. You sat yourself next to her on the couch. "She is worried for you, and cared a lot. She wants to make sure that you don't get hurt." "I know... Is that Freddy?" You turned your gaze towards the brown and blue bear that was rushing towards you.

He skidded to a halt in front of you, puffing. "I... I am so sorry I am late. My bowtie didn't want to stay on and my hat's magnet stopped working. It was this whole issue," He explained. "All good," You stood up patting his back as he took in gulps of air. "You didn't miss out on much," Marie sighed. "Marie, we did plenty of things like bowling, having lunch... um," you paused to think. Marie lifted an eyebrow telling you to continue. You gave up, "Okay granted we didn't do much but it was fun... sort of."

It felt like hours passed by, when only minutes passed, and still there was no sign of Marie's mother. "(Y/N), you equipped with first-aid materials and have been programmed to assist during emergency situations right?" You nodded cautiously. She gave a mischievous grin.

Uh oh.

"No we are not going to leave your mother," you looked away. "Oh Please, I never get to do anything fun! We wont do anything that will take a lot of lung power. We can go play minigolf or something. Freddy back me up here." Freddy looked over at you and you gave him a death glare, daring him to say anything. "Well..." He started. "Freddy, NO. We can't risk it, and besides we will be breaking rules." You knew he was one to follow rules, only breaking them in dire situations. "Well, there are no rules against having fun," he tried to convince you. "But there are rules concerning a child's safety." "Your there though and aren't you able to assist in the case that a child's safety is at risk," Marie caught you. "Technically yes, but that's not the point," you tried.

Marie pulled out a move that no human or machine could resist. The puppy eyes. "No. No, no." You turned around, looking away from her adorable eyes. Upon looking over your should Freddy was kneeled at her height, also showing his puppy eyes.

Dang it why is that so cute.

You looked away as you felt your body heat up.

Don't fall for the trap.

You looked over your shoulder again, your eyes staring into their huge, sparling orbs. You cracked. "FINE!" you exasperated. "Yes," the yelled simultaneously high fiving. "I know the perfect place to go," Freddy informed. You nodded, bending down to let Marie get on your shoulders again. Holding onto her tank, you followed Freddy. "If your mother finds out, we blame it on Freddy," You whispered to maire, just loud enough for Freddy to also hear. "Wait what, why?" He quizzed. "You played the unforgivable card. The puppy eyes. And it was to dang cute to say 'no' to," you answered. A tint of red glowed on his checks as you basically called him cute. He looked away with a huff, "She did it too." "No I didn't. I'm too innocent. I would never use my cuteness as a way to guilt others in getting what I want," Marie giggled. You gave a chuckle at Freddy's shocked face. "Yes you did. You saw her puppy eyes right?" He stared at you.

You glanced up at the ceiling, pretending to think before replying, "No, from what I recall she is innocent." Marie and you laughed as you both watched Freddy's panicked reaction. "What? But she did." "Did he though?" "Did I though?" "YES!"