Chapter 21 - Somebody to love

You brushed through your tail fur as you sat in the kitchen. Freddy assisted you as you limped to the kitchen, your leg not completely functioning. Everyone had decided to hang out as it had been a while, and they decided to go somewhere that is easy to access and allows you to sit as you still had the virus weakening your body. Freddy helped you find a comfy spot and he left having to go charge... again. Something was up with him and you knew it, but he wouldn't tell you and it frustrated you a lot.

"Hey (Y/N)," Roxy called you. You looked up and faced the wolf. Your ears twitched a little in annoyance, still mad at her for ratting you out. She could sense your slight anger and she gazed at her feet. "I'm sorry for telling Monty and Vanessa. I was worried about you and I was scared something might be wrong and... I'm sorry." You shook your head, "No you were right to get someone. I was having a system crash and you were right to get help. So thanks." Her ears jumped up and she gazed at you, shocked by your easy forgiveness.

"Why do you forgive without a grudge?" You shrugged. "I'm not sure. I guess it comes with helping out kids." She smiled and gestured to where Monty and Chica sat chatting away as they made pizza. "You wanna come and help us?" She asked kindly. Shaking your head you politely declined, "No thanks, the virus still has me on reduced power. I'm afraid I'll collapse and ruin the pizza." Roxy nodded and joined the others.

Sitting all alone was no fun as it felt the exact same as it did while you were stuck in your room. You sighed as the group laughed as they made their Pizza.

This is so much fun. They don't care about you.

You shook your head. Pulling your tail towards you, you began brushing it again, raking your claws through the silky fur. As you did so you were reminded of Freddy and when he brushed your fur as you were dying.

I wish he was here. At least then I would have someone to talk to.

Leaning back in the wooden chair you continued to brush your fur as you thought about Freddy. Your head so far up in the clouds you didn't hear the others call your name. "(Y/N)," Chica called. "(Y/N)!" Roxy yelled. "FOX!" Monty shook you from your day dream. "What? Yes? WHO?" you looked about franticly, your head dancing from side to side.

They all stared at you silent before bursting out in laughter. "What?" You questioned, dropping your tail to your side. "You were dreaming about someone," Chica teased with a smile. "Yeah, more specifically a bear," Monty joined in with Chica. They all laughed their head off while you rolled your eyes.

They are children I swear.

"I don't like anyone," you puffed crossing your arms. "Oh don't you dare deny it," Roxy giggled. "You admitted it, back in the golf course." "Monty!" you growled at the gator, your face turning red both of anger and embarrassment. "Come on girl, there's no need to hide your feelings for Freddy from us," Chica reassured. Your ears flattened defensively as you stood up, putting most of your weight on one leg. "I don't like him." "Tell that to your blushing face," Monty pointed out laughing his head off. Your face grew a darker shade of red and you looked down, suddenly interested in the floor.

Once the laughter died down, Roxy spoke, "Freddy is a great catch (Y/N). You two fit each others personality's perfectly-" "Like pizza slices!" "Yes, sure. Thank you Chica. But the point is, he likes you and you like him so what's stopping you?" You shrugged. "Yeah. Back at the golf course you were so determined to tell him, what happened?" Again, you shrugged. They all fell into a deadly silence as they saw the look on your face. Confusion, anger, sadness. They all looked at each other worried.

Chica was the one to break the silence. "Whats wrong dear?" You looked up and met her eyes, "I don't know. I-Every time I get the courage to say something to Freddy, to tell him, I keep second guessing myself and back out of it." Roxy scoffed, "Thought about not second guessing yourself?" Monty nudged her and Chica snapped back, "Roxy that's rude." The wolf shook her head. "Think about it (Y/N), the more you keep second guessing yourself, the less likely you are to do what you want," She placed a paw on your shoulder, "Listen, the next time you second guess yourself, push through it and do what you were going to do anyways." "But what if I'm too scared?" "Without fear, we would never be brave."

Monty and Chica stood there shocked at how well Roxy handled that. Monty cleared his throat, "Damn, Roxy pulling out the inspirational quotes." "Where did you learn to do that?" Chica asked. Roxy took her paw off your shoulder, "Hey I own a racetrack. Kids loose all the time and have breakdowns. I've learned a thing or two."

You smiled as the group talked to themselves.

Maybe Roxy is right. I need to ignore the voices in my head.

As the group refocused, they all looked at you. Monty looked down at you with a grin. "You should go and tell him Juliet. And no backing out this time because if I don't see you two hugging or doing some sort of sappy crap you will be swimming with the fishes." You chuckle along with the other two. "Ignore him. Go on darling," Chica gestured towards two red doors that led to the atrium. You nod with a determined grin. With a slight limp in your step you began your journey to tell him. To tell Freddy how you felt.

This is gonna be a long walk. Maybe I should wait until my foot- NO, no. Stop second guessing and just do it. No more second guessing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You can't get rid of me that easy (Y/N).

-----

Sorry this is crappy I had writers block and forced myself to write. I may fix this when I feel like it