Chapter 8 - Rabbit Suit

Everyone was on edge, their eyes searching, ears listening, noses sniffing. During the whole ordeal you were actually terrified. You knew that whoever or whatever that had broken into the building would be smaller and weaker than you but are you not allowed to be scared of an intruder. They could be coming to steal money, or take you apart and sell your parts or... or.. You flinched as you felt a paw touch your arm. "Hey, you alright?" Spinning around, you were met with Freddy.

"Yeah," you gulped, "I am perfectly fine. So not scared or anything." Freddy nodded, giving you look that said 'I don't believe you'. But to your surprise he didn't confront you about it. Instead he said, "Well I was just about to go over to the shops area to check it out, but I am finding myself a little afraid. You wanna come along and my brave guardian." You were slightly confused before you understood. He was letting you go with him, inviting you, so you wouldn't have to ask. "Yes!" Your cleared your throat, "That would be nice." You may not fully trust him, but you would rather him than the unknown trespasser.

The small shop you entered was extremely cute. There were plushies of Roxy, Monty, Chica, Freddy and even you. You carefully picked up a Freddy plush off a counter and stared at its derpy looking eyes. Freddy turned to face you when he heard you snickering. "Whats so funny?" Turning to him you showed him his plush version of himself. "Look at him, he is so derpy. Looks exactly like you," you chucked. Freddy rolled his eyes, "My eyes aren't crossed over like that." You chuckled at his pouting face. Placing the toy pack you quickly poked the bears nose and froze as it made a little squeak.

So, cute.

Searching around the shop, a silence overtook you two. "Does your nose squeak?" you randomly asked while searching under a desk. "Wh-What?" He stuttered. "Ya know, like the plush. If it doesn't that is so false advertising," You stood up and walked passed him. "Um.. well." You looked up at him waiting for an answer. A slight red tint covered his cheeks and his eyes looked everywhere but to you. "I mean... y-yeah." "That's so cute! -"

You were cut short as you both saw some plushies fall on the ground as a figure rushed passed. Glancing at each other, you walked over to the fallen plushies. Freddy bent over and picked up a Chica plushie from the floor. "Weird."

More like spooky.

Looking up from the toy your vision started to glitch. Confused by your vision glitching out, you squinted trying to see through all the glitching black lines. Looking passed all the glitching spots, you were able to make out a grey green rabbit costume hopping through the shop before bending down to crawl through a huge vent. Shaking your head, it was gone and your vision cleared.

You nudged Freddy, making him look up. "Did you see that?" You asked. "What?" "That person in a rabbit suit crawling through the vents over there," you pointed over to a vent next to the counter. "I didn't see anything?" "Well there was definitely someone." "Odd. Are you sure they went into that vent?" He looked at you and you nodded.

Bending down in front of the vent you crawled in, following after the rabbit. You soon stopped crawling when you saw that Freddy wasn't following. "Why aren't you coming," You asked in a panic. "I am too big and cannot fit," was his apologetic reply. franticly you crawled back, "I am not going alone." You stopped and sat at the entrance of the vent, proving your point of not going alone. Freddy stood, thinking. He clicked his fingers. "Maybe you won't have to."

He took a moment wondering around the shop before returning. He handed you a small watch. "Now it wont be able to fit, but you could hold it and I will be able to communicate to you and find you on the other side of the vent."You looked up at him scared. "If anything goes wrong, I promise I will come and help you." You nodded and took a deep breathe. "Okay." Turning back around you started to crawl.

It was very dark and cold in the vent system. You hands and knees started to ache as you kept on crawling. You were wandering the vents blind, unable to pick up the rabbits scent. Every turn you took you just hope it was the same one the Rabbit took. "So, how's it going?" Freddy asked trying to act all calm, but there was an edge to his voice. "Cold but fine," you spoke. Taking another turn you sighed. "Hey Freddy." "Yeah?" "I'm lost," you admitted. You kept on moving forward as you heard Freddy enter a panic. "Okay, this is fine... umm. What to do know? We could... no that wont work..." He rambled continuously.

Taking another turn, you felt your body fall. You let out a scream as you slid down the air ducts. It was like a child's slide just without the fun. You screamed and felt your non-existent heart stop. Falling out the other end you landed with a CLUNK onto the hard ground. "(Y/N)! (Y/N) are you alright!" Freddy yelled on the other side of the watch. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just lost and.... a little scared." "Okay, I'm on my way. Just stay where you are and tell me what you see around you so I know what I might be looking for." You hugged your knees as you looked around.

"There are dirty towels surrounding me. I see clean towels that have been folded and bins holding some clothes," you described to him.

For the rest of the night Freddy searched for you. It was only at five thirty did he find you cowering, hugging your tail. He guided you towards your room, asking endlessly if you were okay. As you entered your room he spoke, "If there is anything you need don't be afraid to ask okay. My door is always open. And sorry." Before you could ask why he apologised he left. Shaking your head, you wandered into your charging station and rested until the next morning.
-----
A/N: Happy New Years everyone, hope you have a safe and fantastic 2022!!