Chapter 17 - Little Pal

The checkup of the week went by quickly. It wasn't even a second you got to see Clara before you were leaving already. While you sat in the protective cylinder you were silently hoping they would detect something so you could hopefully fix the pain that emerged in your head, but they found nothing. NOTHING!

Why didn't they find anything wrong? I clearly have an issue! Or maybe I am just imagining things?

You shook your head, you weren't imagining things. How can one imagine such pain.

Freddy was the last to have his checkup. It was taking a while and you started to grow worried. You felt even more worried when Clara informed everyone that they can leave since Freddy was having an update and it could take a while. Which is why you were walking the halls alone.

You bit at your nails nervous. You knew something was up with Freddy. He had to charge more and for longer periods, he was glitching. You were terrified. Pacing the halls your thoughts starting to mumble and scramble causing your systems to overheat. Calming yourself down, you took a deep breathe.

He is fine. I'm sure its fine. He's fine, it's fine, I'm fine. Liar.

Grabbing your tail, you brushed through your fur to try and help to calm yourself. With all your thinking and quickly paced walking, you didn't even notice that you made it to your room. You looked at the metal door that had your fox symbol on it. "Hey (Y/N)? Are you alright there?" You jumped at Roxy's voice. You swung to face her. She had worry in her eyes. You nodded, "Yup I'm fine. I'm great."

Liar.

Her ears flattened, unconvinced. "Me and Monty are going to go racing, you wanna join?," she asked trying to lighten your mood. You brushed your tail more vigorously as you got more and more anxious, "Um-N-N-No I'm g-g-ood." Your voiced glitched as you frantically combed your tail.

Liar. Lair. Lair.

Your claws raked through your tail so viciously that you begun to accidently pluck strands of fur. Roxy winced every time a bunch of fur fell. "Are you sure?" You nodded quickly. "YUp! T-t-IrED." You and Roxy stood there for a moment in silence. "Okay," she stated before walking away. She gave a few glances back assuring you didn't want to come.

Once she left you felt that familiar pain return. With one hand grabbing her tail, she used the other to claw at her head. Tears blurred her vision. You had spent so much time around Freddy that you cared for him, a little bit more than just a friend would, and that what scared you. He was the best thing to have ever happened to you and if something was wrong.....

Your breathing picked up, your non existent heart raced, your mind burned, your body twitched. You shook and you crumbled to the floor. It hurt, everything hurt.

Calm down. Nothing bad will happen to him. Just stop overthinking! Never.

From your spot on the floor in front of your room, you spotted a familiar flash light. "Vanessa," you whispered. If she saw you like this she would shut you down. Your ears pricked as you heard the familiar voice of Roxy talking to Vanessa and what was believed to be the heavy footsteps of Monty, informing them of your appearance.

Traitors.

Pushing yourself to your feet you ran for the nearest red doors. Tumbling down the metal stairs, you made your way into the utility tunnels. You didn't know your way around down here, but you were not thinking straight as you ran. You skidded around corners you dodged bins and equipment. Your eyes were flooding with tears.

It came to a point were you forgot why you were running. When your foot collided with a piece of metal that pierced through your ankle was when you finally stopped. You were thankful that the pain in your head disappeared, but instead in was replaced with the pain in your leg. You Dragged yourself to the nearest wall and leaned on it.

A huge metal pipe was pierced right through your ankle joint. It bent some of your metal and chipped some paint. It cut through wire receptors causing your foot to twitch. Gritting your teeth, you let out a pained scream, hopping for someone to hear.

When no one came, you decided to just lay there in your tears. Being in the tunnels messed with reception, disabling your ability to communicate for help. So you sat alone. In the quite. With nothing but you and your thoughts. And a little yellow wet sign bot.

While your were sitting, waiting for people to find you, the little bot just stared at you. You sniffled, wiping away your tears as the bot just watched. "What? Don't judge." It shook its little body as if replying, 'no.' You looked into the bots glowing eyes. You sniffled a little more before hugging your knee. "You got a name." again it shook its little body. "Can I name you?" It wiggled it little ears. You giggled, getting rid of the remainder of tears in your eyes. "Is that a yes?" It wiggled its ears again making you think of Freddy.

Its so cute.

"How about... Sparky?" It shook its body. "Lemon?" It shook its body again. "Bumblebee?" It wiggled its tiny ears. You chuckled again, your paws holding onto your throbbing leg as your movement caused pain to jolt through your body. That's when you noticed you had calmed down. Your systems had returned to normal and the pain in your head ceased. "Wow, your good at this Bumblebee." It spun around its eyes closing in a happy expression.

It took a few hours but eventually you were saved. Honestly you didn't mind being stuck in the tunnels. Bumblebee was amazing company, listened very well and it was hilarious to try and get what it was saying. It was like a huge game of charades.

When the mechanics put you in a parts and service bin that was connected to a truck, Bumblebee's ears dropped a little sad to be left alone. You smiled a little and held out your arms. The bot spun in a circle and drove up the ramp and into your arms. "You didn't think I was going to leave you behind did you." It made a little beeping noise expressing his joy. "Now, when they fix my ankle there is someone I would like you to meet and I'm sure you two will hit it off." The robot wiggled its ears making you smile as you remembered the brown and blue bear. Freddy.