Chapter 15 - A Melody For The Hurt

Warning- Autistic child, mentions of autisms, panic attacks, and bullies. (Do not get mad at me these are fictional scenarios and I do not intent on infuriating those who suffer or know someone who suffers from Autism. Also this is not an accurate representation.)

-----

You two spent a few minutes getting ready to leave. It was a little awkward, but mainly you just laughed it off. The halls were still dim with its usual spotted lit walls and ceiling lighting up the place. The others were out and about doing their tasks for the day. Monty was with Roxy handling a party while Chica was doing her 'eat and stay fit' routine. You, as usual, had no set plan as so one wants to hang out with the disability assistant.

Kids ran up to Freddy pulling at his arm wanting him to hang out with them. He laughed and glanced at you. His smile lightly dropped as he saw you standing alone, no one asking to hang out with you. You met his blue gaze and shrugged before turning to leave. It hurt that no kid really liked you. And most of the kids that did never got to return.

"Hey Butterfly!" You ears flicked up at the nickname. Spinning around you met face to face with Freddy who held his hand out. "Wanna join me?" he had a huge grin on his face. The kids surrounded him and stared at his outstretched paw that led to you. Your sad expression changed to one of thanks as you took the bears paw.

You and Freddy, along with the pack of kids, ran about to different places. Obviously being careful of other guests, the group rushed about. There was an hour spent at the arcade, watched kids race on the race way (you and Freddy were to heavy), and danced to Music Mans songs at the west arcade. It was a blast. You mainly kept with Freddy within the herd of children, none of them really caring you were there.

Just a useless bot.

You shook your head clear and laughed as Freddy made a joke. A few hours in the day Freddy informed that he had to go and rest.

Odd, he has the same life battery as the rest of us.

You caught up with him as he trotted through the hallways. "Hey Star-Freddy.... that's so not right. Anyway, is something up. Why do you need to charge in the middle of the day," you asked, having to take a few jumps in between steps just to keep up with his big strides. He stumbled a little for words before giving you an uncertain answer, "Um, I wasn't able to completely charge with your charging system as its different to my battery."

Making it to his room he turned to you and gave you a comforting but worried smile. "I'm completely fine. I'll be out in a bit Butterfly." He walked into his room making the door close with a clank.

I thought we all had the same charging systems.... maybe his is different? I mean he is the star of the show.

Hesitantly you left his door. You were worried. Something was happening and you knew it. Giving a mental shrug you decided to have a check on things, not like anyone would want to hang out with you, so you decided to start with the main entrance.

The tinted windows of the front door kept the room dark so that the neon lights could still be seen, and could drag the attention of guests so they would bye a ticket to enter. You walked down the stairs, dodging the mounds of people rushing up. You stopped under the big golden statue and looked up. It had Freddy, Monty, Chica, Roxy all clear and visible, and then there was you. You were visible for sure, just more of behind the others. You sighed.

A sudden commotion at the front door caught your attention. Walking toward a huge crowd of people, you pushed your way to see what was happening. You gasped. In the middle a kid was screaming and scratching at his eye. He was having panic attack. You jumped into action.

You landed on your knees next to the kid and held his tumbling shoulders. Tears were flooding down his face as he yelled and tried to shake you off. You noticed his actions of trying to cover his eyes from the bright lights as he screamed in a pained manner. He had autism.

Taking him in a firm hold you held him close as you softly whispered in his ear, "Calm down and close your eyes. I want to help you." He was shaking like a leave. He shook his head and resisted. He kicked and screamed but you kept hushing him. "Take deep breaths. I wont hurt you." He soon started to slow his fierce thrashing. Still shivering, he shut his eyes and held onto your arm tightly. You move your tail to further cover his eyes to ensure no light can seep through.

Why would anyone bring their light sensitive child to this place?

Your ears twitched as you heard kids yelling to everyone, "We didn't know.", "Its not our fault, we were just messing with him." Lifting your head up you spotted the two, a male and a female. Definitely not related to the boy as they had no similar features.

Bullies.

You shared your eyes at them, getting their identification cards so that they could be reported. When the kid started to thrash about again you took your harsh gaze off the two bullies. "Hey, your okay kid. I've got you." When he didn't calm down you resorted to an emergency protocol.

With a gentle and motherly voice, you began to sing. "cause your a sky, cause your a sky full of stars. I wanna give you my heart. cause your a sky, cause your a sky full of stars." You kept your eyes on the poor boy. You felt him form relax upon your voice. You continued to sing the melody, "cause you light up the path. I don't care, go on and tare me apart. I don't care if you do." He nuzzled into you and you wrapped your arms protectively around him. "cause your a sky, cause your a sky full of stars. I think I saw you," you finished.

Once you finished, you noticed everyone around you went dead silent, including the bullies that caused him to be in pain. Medical bots made their way to you and surrounded you in a protective circle, telling everyone to back off. A similar bot came up to you and ask for you to give it the kid. You could feel the kid shake his head in your tail. "I'll take him. I am certified with a medical degree." The bot nodded. You stood up, placing the kid on your hip. You didn't have a long enough tail to keep his eyes covered so you placed a hand instead. You used your tail as a cushion, similar for what you did for Mike. "Comfortable?" He nodded and you began to walk.

It felt like you were moving nowhere as everyone was trying to look and see what was going on. "Whats your name kid?" you questioned. "Alex," he whispered. "A brave name for a brave man."

Still trying to get to the medical station you heard a familiar voice boom over the crowd. "Everyone let them through to the medical station. Let them through!" As the voice called, everyone listened and moved aside, letting you and Alex make your way to the medical station. As you made it to the red doors that led to the medical room, you glanced back to look at the figure who helped. And you were not surprised to see Freddy.

------

Song: A Sky Full of Stars - Coldplay (Honestly heard this song from Sing 2 and I loved it too much not to find a way to include it.)