Chapter 18 - He's helpful

After the entire ankle incident you were not allowed to leave your room for a whole week. Which you thought was reasonable as you were still in pain, your ankle still had to be replaced and paint on your leg was still drying. When they found you and took you to your room, they told you how they had to order spare parts for you since they were out.

So much for being parts and service.

However, they were able to remove the metal pipe and they let you keep Bumblebee which is a total win.

You sat on your (f/c) couch covered in plushy versions of you with your leg elevated on a stack of (f/c) and (sf/c) pillows. Next to your on the couch sat Bumblebee staring at you without blinking. You looked around your room seeing the same as you do everyday. Plushies, mirrors, chairs, pillows, posters and a few script papers.

It was silent in the room, the only sound that could be heard is the faint background music that was playing outside in the hall. You couldn't see outside in the hall, the maintenance crew shut the curtains so guests in the morning couldn't see that you were out of commission. Not like they would even see you because no normal kid wants to hang with the disability bot.

Bumblebee made a buzzing noise that caught your attention. You looked down at Bumblebee and watches as he hopped off the couch and spun around. "What is it?" you tilted your head as you watched the robot try to communicate. "You... want to go out side?" it shook its body. "You need to go to the bathroom? Never knew you had to do that." It shook its body again. Bumblebee made a grumble like noise. It stood still for a little bit as if thinking. It was moments before it rolled its way over to your charging station. It looked up at it before spinning. You stared blankly before connecting the dots. "OH! You don't have a charging station here.... didn't think about that one."

Just as you tried to think of a solution a knock came from your metal security door. "Come in." And in walked Freddy. When your eyes met his you jumped up happy he was alright. But as your broken foot his the floor you came crashing down. You closed your eyes bracing for impact, an impact that never came.

Opening your eyes you were face to face with Freddy. He looked down at you as he held you. You felt heat rise to your cheeks. "Thanks," you mumbled. He smiled and placed you back on the sofa. He chuckled, "No problem. Didn't think you would be so happy to see me." You put your foot back on the pile of pillows and laid back. "Well I was worried about you. You were in there for four hours! What happened?" He brushed it off, "just updates and stuff."

He's lying to you.

He shook his head, "Never mind that. I heard what happened, are you alright?" "Oh I feel like crap, but this little guy makes me feel a whole lot better!" You saw a flash of something fill in the bears eyes. It was a millisecond but you knew you saw something. "Who is this... guy?" He asked, his body rigid and stiff. You patted the seat next to you and called, "Bumblebee." The little bot raced to you and hit face first into the side of the sofa. You carefully picked him up and placed him next to you. "This is Bumblebee, I met him in the tunnels when I got hurt. Bumblebee, this is Freddy."

Freddy seemed to relax as he saw Bumblebee. Freddy put his large paw out and patted the caution bot's little head. Bumblebee made a funny noise and wiggled its little ears. "Hehe, I think he likes you." You giggled. "He is very cute. The Staff just let you keep him?" You nodded. "Yup. Apparently he was suppose to be scrapped as he had a fault in his system, but since he took a liking to me they just left him here... You don't happen to know how they charge right?"

"You didn't think about that?" Freddy questioned taking his paw off Bumblebee. You shook your head. He thought for a moment looking down at Bumblebee. In a sudden moment the bear clicked his fingers. "There's a janitors closest right down the hall, I'm sure there will be a charging port thingy for Bumblebee. I'll be just a second." Before you could say anything he was gone.

You sighed and leaned your head on your arm as you stared dreamily at the door he just left at. "He's so helpful. He helps so willingly." Bumblebee made a buzzing noise. You glanced over at Bumblebee, he was winking at you while wiggling his ears. You blushed, "I do not!" He wiggled his ears again. "No I don't! He's a friend!" Bumblebee just kept staring at you as he wiggled his yellow ears. "Bumblebee drop it. I don't like him!"

"Like who?" You froze dead still as Freddy walked back into the room with a huge disk that had a wire connected to it. You cleared your throat. "No one." Bumblebee made another buzzing noise and wiggled his ears at Freddy. You bumped Bumblebee in the side making him make a grumble noise at you. "Whats that you got there," you changed the subject. Freddy smiled as he walked to a corner in your room as set it down. "Its Bumblebee's new charging spot. He just has to sit on this black cylinder disk and he will start charging." He placed the cylinder carefully on the floor. He bent down onto his knees and plugged in the wire to a charging outlet on the wall.

"Thanks Freddy! Your the best," you laughed as Bumblebee fell flat on his face as he got of the sofa before zooming over to his new charging spot, "And I think Bumblebee agrees." Freddy laughed and stood up. He looked at you with a huge grin, your smile matching his. You both just stared at each other for a long moment without even realizing. A little soft beep came from the both of you as the time changed to 5am. "Its almost opening time... I guess I'll leave you to rest. I'll come and visit you tomorrow." "Okay... yeah, see you tomorrow!"

With a final wave he left. As soon as the door shut close you let your composure break. You grabbed the nearest pillow and screamed into it.

That could have been a disaster! He almost found out that I like him... I mean that I don't like him. ARGH!

You pulled the pillow off your face and your stared at the ceiling. Bumblebee went to rest but you sat there. Thinking.

He held me so close when he caught me. It felt so... right and comforting. And the fact that he helped me without me needing to ask... He's so helpful.