Chapter 11 - We are friends...

Freddy paced his room, stepping over wires and cords. It was ten minutes before showtime and for the first time in the three years of the Pizzaplex being open, he was nervous. He was unsure why, but he had a feeling it had something to do with you. He was scared what you would think if he messed up a line or if he stumbled and whenever he saw you he couldn't speak clearly or he would be apologising.

A man walked in and called out the five minute mark. Taking in a gasp of air, Freddy left his room. Walking towards the stage, Freddy collected his nerves and calmed himself. Entering the room with the elevating floor, he proceeded to stand his spot where his microphone stood. You were next to your drum set, happily chatting with Monty and Chica. Roxy was on the other side fixing her keytar. You held a smile on your face as Monty told a joke. Over the passed few months you have grown accustomed to him and the others. And Freddy was happy that he was the one to have helped you.

A loud voice boomed above them, hyping up the children who screamed with excitement.

Calm yourself. Its like any other show.

With a puff of steam, the floor started to lift the gang up. The ceiling opened and the neon lights came rushing in, covering everyone in an assortment of colours. Taking a deep breathe, Freddy grabbed his microphone off the stand and prepared himself for the full hour of singing.

Freddy mentally high fived himself for the performance. He didn't mess up once, and he possibly caught a few glances of you. After the show he was swarmed with kids, as usual, and lost sight of you as he was swarmed. Now wandering around the plex, he was looking for you. He enjoyed your company and frankly he really wanted to just be next to you.

Treading carefully as to not squish anyone, he went to the last place you could be that he hadn't searched. The Fazer Blast arena. He doesn't know why you would be there as you generally tried to avoid those laser guns after you were blinded for two hours after a kid accidently hit your eyes.

The Fazer Blast arena was empty for some odd reason. But a round was currently being played. "You Cheat!" A little boys voice echoed through the dimly lit maze. "I didn't cheat you liar!" A female voice yelled back. Following the echoes of the commotion, Freddy watched as you stood in front of two kids who were yelling insults. Your face was scrunched, unamused by their childish manner.

"Alex, David, enough! Your causing a commotion. And haven't you even realised in your sibling madness you hurt your little brother," You angrily told them off. Looking down, Freddy saw a little boy with a bruised cheek hug your leg. Your tail rested on him trying to calm him. Both siblings, huffed and kept staring each other down. You pinched the bridge of your snout, annoyed. "This doesn't have to be a hassle kids. Just apologise to each other and your little brother." They both replied with a 'never'.

In a flash two security guards shoved their way through the crowd and grabbed the two kids. As they went to grab the kid at your leg you gently pushed their arm away whispering, "I'll take him." And as quick as the guards came, they left with the two siblings blaming each other. As you bent down to the kids level and placed a Monty band-aid on his cheek, Freddy came up. "What was that about," he asked. He saw you flinch at his sudden appearance making him curse to himself. "Oh, hey Fred-bear. They were just accusing each other for cheating when the one won and stuff. Little Brutus here tried to stop the fight like a brave boy, but got hit," You rubbed the kids head softly and took a hold of his hand. Freddy didn't completely process what you said. His mind was running circles on the first two words you uttered. 'Hey Fred-bear'.

Shaking his head, he smiled down at the boy. "Your a brave boy superstar," Freddy complimented, "But be more careful next time." Brutus nodded, still clinging onto your leg. "I need to take him to the daycare.... could you come? I'm not completely over the," you whispered into his ear so the boy could not hear, "incident." Freddy nodded, "Of- Of course."

Dropping off Brutus was a breeze, he didn't cry or anything. He actually seemed happy to be with Sundrop. You were stiff and awkward around Sundrop, still remembering what his other half did. Even if it was a few months ago.

Waving goodbye to Brutus, Freddy walked close next to you. "Did you call me a nickname... before?" Freddy's eyes met yours and you nervously laughed. "Yeah, but I'm not sure I like it though. Fred-bear doesn't really fit you." His face started to feel hot as you repeated the nickname. "I think it works." You shook your head, "No. A nickname has to have a reason behind it." As you walked out of the daycare, you placed a hand under your chin thinking. Freddy gazed at you amazed and distracted.

"What is it?" He shook his head clear. "NOTHING," he said a little too loudly. Clearing his throat he tried again, "nothing."

Keep it together.

Entering the hall, Freddy Stopped walking to let the kids pass you two. "So what are you gonna do now?" You shrug. "Not sure. But I need to charge for awhile, that whole ordeal took it out of me. But I think I'll hang out with Sundrop after." "Sundrop? Is that a good idea?" "Oh definitely not, but I want to give him and Moondrop a second chance. You can't blame them for attacking me. I did trespass and I wasn't in their system yet so it was a natural reaction." "You are being very understanding." "Comes with the programing," you replied.