ALPHA KILLIAN

a/n: I'm pacing my uploads so I can get my old stats back as they were. Please like and comment if you enjoy the story. 

------------------

I was running down the hall towards an unknown destination, Kelsey's hand tightly clutched in my own. I couldn't tell whether we were headed outside or further down these dungeons of doom. 

Yes, I could go back to find Marshall, hand her over, tell them I shot the other wolf myself. I mean I already killed one, big fucking whoop, another dead shifter? A Tuesday for me.

What they gonna do? Kill me twice?

Part of me knew I shouldn't be entertaining Kelsey's tantrum like this. She was a kid clinging to her older sister. She didn't understand the amplitude of the situation nor how bad shooting a shifter in the head could be for her, but at the same time, she did it for me, her actions were rash but that didn't invalidate her feelings, whatever they may be, fear, love, selfishness or panic, I understood it all too well. Betraying her wasn't how I wanted to be remembered. She wanted us to either bust out together or die together. She looked at me straight in the eyes and said "I will kill myself the next minute I'm out if you're not right next to me".

I wanted to rip my hair off but I just nodded.

What other solution was there? Nothing made sense. Chaos. Nothing but utter chaos. Everywhere I looked. We shouldn't be dealing with this. Neither of us. We were just kids. I wanted to crawl into my mommy's arms and cry shamelessly; sadly I had no mom. But we had each other and I'll be damned if let anything happen to her.

I tried to make a left turn but was met with a wall, I was lost. I was unable to retrace my steps back to the door that led out, I knew I could if I would just focus but my brain was flooded with thoughts and every hallway looked the same. Just pipes and bricks and steel doors I didn't want to waste time opening. Suddenly I felt Kelsey stop and pull me back.

"Not that way! That's where I pushed Marshall!" she warned while looking through the turn I was about to make and I stopped. 

"That's probably the way out! It's okay, we have his gun!" I informed, cautious. I wasn't ready to shoot anyone but I will if I have to. 

Or maybe I should just hand her the gun back. I was impressed Kelsey had the balls to push Marshall down a flight of stairs, sneak in on a werewolf, pull the trigger and save me.  

Impressive...

Almost... too impressive..

I frowned.

She sneaked in...on a werewolf?..

...Something didn't add up in my mind. How did he not smell her behind him? Human shampoo was nauseating to them, wasn't it? and how did one single bullet from a human gun kill a creature that could change the shape of its hand? Didn't they need silver bullets like the legends said?

I didn't have time to dwell on it, we were approaching the flight of stairs where Marshall should have been laying on. Except he was nowhere to be found.

"where'd he go, he was right here!" she looked at me puzzled and it dawned on me. 

He regained consciousness and was probably on his way to alert them.

"Damn it!" I whispered. 

Right on cue, we started hearing heavy footsteps rushing around upstairs, I grabbed Kelsey to dash for the opposite hallway. That's when it all came back to me. I recognized this one hallway we took. There was another one to the left and tiny stairs that led to the big door to the garden.