28-Heard

I couldn't look away from the window. Even though there was nothing to see but passing street lamps in the dead of the night. My hand was on the door handle, clutching it tight, barely containing myself from opening it and throwing myself out.

I didn't want Julia to know I was crying. It would most likely start a fight, but the car was so quiet she could hear me sniffle away every three seconds like I had the flue. She made no comment but she was probably waiting for us to get out before she smack me for being an indecisive crybaby. After all, this whole ordeal was my idea.

We've been driving for two hours and yet it felt like an entire night had passed. The other girls were already passed out cold, except for Julia sitting to my right. She had a book in her hand. I don't know how she was able to read in the dark, the only light illuminating the pages was the faint dashboard's screen and the road lamps. Maybe she couldn't see at all but holding it eased her anxiety. Mine was going through the roof.

"Stop it." she whispered when she heard me sniff one more time, her eyes never leaving her book. She had said it so fast and so quietly in order not to attract the driver's attention. I couldn't help it. Tears were pouring out of me continuously despite two hours having passed. My cheeks were wet and salty. I wanted to scream and I was trying to hold vomit in. Every step away from alpha Killian was making the knot inside my stomach pound at my being.

I wiped my face with my sleeve. Trying to conceal the fact that I was dying inside. I had wanted to run for so long and yet, here I was, physically aching. I wanted to go back to alpha Killian, and I seriously questioned this weird case of Stockholm syndrome. There was no denying I was absolutely and irreversibly under his spell. I could still feel his hands on me. His body, his lips, his tongue. I cared about him coming back to an empty room. Especially after tonight. He was trying, I wasn't going to sit here and lie to myself. He was being patient with me despite his own burning desire clawing at him. He was fighting the urge to make me sit on his dick and bounce me like a blow up doll. He was pushing for our relationship to progress. For me to be comfortable with him. I felt like I had betrayed him. He had kissed me so lovingly. He left in a hurry because he wanted to make sure harm stayed away from the manor, from me.

And here I was, sitting in a car, miles and miles away.

A ringtone was suddenly heard in the car, waking all the sleeping girls up. I felt everyone shift and sit down properly. The driver took one hand off the steering wheel to ruffle in his jacket pockets.

"Where are we?" the girl sitting between Julia and Nia whispered sleepily.

"Almost there." Julia announced, looking at the words she was reading, but it felt like she had said it to me instead, so that I would gather myself, stop being emotional, focus on our plan and get ready to bounce.

"Yes beta.." the driver picked up the call and Julia tightened her grip on her book. I turned my head to look at her, alarmed. She kept her eyes on the pages.

Maybe it's just a routine call.

"Hello? Can you hear me?" the driver exclaimed, raising his volume. We were on the road in the middle of a highway; the service seemed pretty bad. "Yes, heading there right now."

My heart raced a little. Why would Kiba be calling, unless the tracker he put at my door was back for his shift and noticed I wasn't in the suite?

"How many?" he turned his head towards us, confused at the question, "Five girls..Hello?.."

My heart raced. This wasn't good. If he knew Marlene had only sent four slaves, then Kiba was going to piece things together immediately.

"Can you hear me?" he rolled down his window annoyed at the service quality, "Hello?..Hello- Yes, five girls," he repeated, my heart was going to burst. "Is there a problem?" He stopped talking and glanced at the girl in the passenger seat, listening in, seemingly looking for something, "I do have one with short hair, yeah." he announced, looking at her with interest.