24-Liable

"I would rather die"

I said what I said!

Yeah ok, that was complete and utter provocation on my part. Definitely not my smartest moment. 

It wasn't even fully true, and I said it in front of one of his high ranked little warriors, destroying the notion that he was a god sent gift to women and replacing it with the idea that he was so mid a slave could reject him.

I'm aware wolf arrogance wasn't something to be taken lightly. Being rejected by a woman was probably the biggest slap Killian could ever receive to his gorgeous face. I think I just made the worst mistake of my life, i'm definitely going to pay for this, I might as well kill myself tonight, but there was a reason I felt safe enough to say that.

Killian betrayed some type of consideration for my opinion of him at that question. It was faint. It was inconsistent, but nevertheless, it was there. A tiny part of him cared what I thought about him, and I was going to use that opportunity to let him know that I don't appreciate how he treats me. Will he care about that? We'll never know, but at least now he knows I can hold a motherfucking grudge.

But there was one little detail that escaped my mind: Killian was way more stubborn than me. And his pride wasn't something I could destroy with one comment. Actually, I think all I did with my big mouth was unleash a bigger thirst for revenge. 

I will stand by what I just said. I do fear for his reaction and my life but ultimately, I am not in the wrong. I was asked a question and I answered. 

The fact that I got slammed on the table for saying "Fuck" this morning then choked for lying, then manhandled for talking back to him made me question myself for a second but I pushed it off to the side.

Killian's face went from smiling coldly at me to looking straight at Collin. His irises dangerously narrowing.

"Get out." he ordered and Collin bowed, grinned, before he turned his back to us, smug once again.

He really thought he did something-

I stood still, breathing lightly, scared to move. He was behind me. I didn't dare look back, until he spoke.

"Turn around, slave." he ordered. The coldness of his tone hit me straight in the heart, the fact that he used the term "Slave" worried me. He always called me by name. He almost seemed like he liked to say it. 

I guess now he's trying to put me back in my place.

This goes to show my comment did something. I don't know what, but it did.

I turned around slowly. As I looked up to meet his eyes, I suddenly frowned, feeling outraged.

Wait a damn minute! 

How DARE he treat me like absolute shit then get hurt when I say that I want nothing to do with him? Action, consequence. That's what you get, learn it, dog!

I couldn't help the entitlement in my gaze. The defiance in me was growing stronger. I did nothing wrong by voicing the opinion I was asked to say.

I looked up to him with utmost composure. He can choke me again if he wants to, nothing he does is going to give him the upper hand back. I basically annihilated his ego.

He took a step towards me, intending on doing something but then, he stopped, seemed to have read my mindset. He looked at me for a second, realizing I was feeling too righteous for any consequences to have an effect on me.

You can't punish someone who think they did nothing wrong, and I didn't.

He chuckled before he looked at me amused. Under any other circumstances, Killian's laugh would send pleasurable tingles all over my skin, but the tingles I was getting at that moment made me shiver, there was underling feeling of something bad brewing in him which made me anxious.