26-Cherished

The blanket was yanked off of me in one swift move.

My eyelids flew open as I snapped into consciousness. I turned my head to look at who did it and locked eyes with a maid.

"You're no longer allowed on furniture." she informed; her rigid tone couldn't hide the fact that she was slightly confused as to why she had to issue such a weird command to me, but she did as told and didn't question it. If the alpha wishes it, then be it.

I looked around in confusion, it was morning. I started sitting up, rubbing my eyes that were dry and swollen from crying, it hurt when I touched them. I had two trails of tears on each side of my cheeks. I still felt very cold despite it being a warm summer morning . The maid waited for me to get off the couch but when I kept my seating position, she took one step towards me.

"Get off the couch!" she said and I breathed out. It's too early for this shit man..

I was doing a horrible job surviving here.

When I had Julia to tell me to shut up, I laid low, got reminded that I was just a captive that was here to be raped and killed later on, she checked me. My insolence was kept at bay and I managed to slip through the tiny cracks here and there, but these past few days in the suite, having Killian kiss me and be affectionate on some occasions made me delusional and cocky and as a result, I was saying stupid shit and then eating it right back.

I had barely any access to Julia's guidance and I just kept digging multiple graves for myself.

Every waking moment of yesterday evening was him getting back at me for the things I said. What's worse is that it didn't even look like he was doing anything. To outsiders, he seemed to just go about his day, have dinner, then bath, then fuck his favorite little toy. It looked like I was the one acting up, and yet, he knew exactly what he was doing, he was torturing me the whole time.

"Are you deaf? Down I say!" She almost snapped and I started getting up. I did it very slowly as a small form of protest.

I take it he didn't forget I called him a dog.

My throat was dry, my nose stuffy and I couldn't move my face muscles all too well. I instantly looked at Killian's bedchamber door. Still drowsy and dizzy. Wondering if they were up yet.

I might have cried myself dry yesterday, but I least I never took back what I said and I live by that.

When I put weight on my ankle, it felt like it got a little better but the pain was still there.

"You will no longer sit on the chairs or sofas, nor will you lay on beds," she informed while taking my pillow then rolling my blanket around her forearm, "If you wish to settle somewhere, the floor is all yours," she gestured to the ground before she looked at me, "And if you're feeling sleepy, we arranged a bed just for you." she pointed to the corner of the suite with her chin and I turned my head to look.

A pink fluffy doggy bed sat on the floor.

Beats sleeping on Killian's bed if I'm being completely honest.

"Looks comfy.." I added, unimpressed. It pissed her off.

I thought I would have ran off  by now, before he had the chance to punish me for flapping my mouth.

His actions yesterday hurt my pride, a lot, and I didn't even have much of it left, but to have chair privileges revoked? How petty can he get? Wasn't he an important wolf with a busy schedule? Why was he so bothered by me? When does he have time to think of all these ways to torture me? I was so belittled it wasn't even funny anymore.