30-Stray

« I'm taking you home.»

Those words sounded unreal to my ears. This feeling of watching everything happen from a third person perspective hit me again.

It felt like I was witnessing this go down in the corner of the room, behind my own physical body. Watching everyone else through a glass, including myself. It was bizarre. Unreal.

One thought was running through my head: This entire situation was evolving in a direction that I hated: I was going to be aided by stronger people.

Meaning I was saved.

That's what I wanted. Right?

I can never see Killian again. That's what I wanted all along.

Then why did I get so incredibly irritated at the words 'I'm taking you home?'?

"You're lying!" I looked at him right in the eyes, searching for traces of deception on his face. If he wanted to snatch me like some evil henchmen, he could but I wasn't going to follow him like a sheep. Whether he was taking me to dad or Marshall. I was not going to make it easy. He tried to hand cuff Julia earlier and I was sketched out.

I hated that a part of me was disappointed that help had arrived. I loathed myself. My dad was still fighting for me and never gave up, and here I was, bothered by it.

My own immaturity was aggravating me. My whole body was missing Killian as time passed. My migraine was getting worse and I thought it was the lake water but it's been almost a whole day now. I had dried off and walked it off. My migraine was because I wasn't with Killian.

He took his phone out, his body language betrayed no nervousness but neither did Marshall's. For the longest time, I thought he was on my side until I was proven wrong.

"I would call your father..." he started and I felt a strange bolt of lightning go down my spine when he unlocked his screen."But I am not too hopeful in him picking up, the calls haven't been going through these past few days," he said as he took his investigator ID out and handed it to me instead, "...and that would be because he is currently outside of the US." He informed while dialing. I looked up to him after examining his ID.

"Where is he?" I asked, confused. Did he move out of the states to start over? I wouldn't blame him if he did.

"Singapore." he clicked on 'Call' and I frowned before taking a cautious step back, suspicious. Was he lying? What the fuck was dad doing in Singapore?

"I don't believe you." I said through my teeth, although a part of me actually did. Kelsey had told me about a private investigator hired by dad. I just wouldn't accept it because he was taking me home and I didn't want to go home. I wanted alpha Killian to come pick me up.

Suddenly, the security guard tried to dash for Corry while his back was to him. Nobody even expected that of him. We had completely forgotten he was even there. Corry didn't waste a single second before he swiftly avoided being tackled to the ground and turned around to punch him square in the noise. He flew back from the impact and fell over his own desk.

I gasped and held on to my heart. What the f- Shifter strength and reflexes?

But he was human.

The phone rang as I watched the guard struggle to get up on all four. His nose now a bloody mess. My dad's voice said 'Hello' and I jumped before I looked back at Corry with wide eyes, thinking my dad had picked up until he said 'You've reached the voicemail of...'

I kept looking at him as the realization hit me; His story added up and I hated it. He was taking me home. He was ending my life with Killian...