27-Strained

I was sitting on my doggy bed by the corner of the suite, hugging my legs, my head propped on my knees.

I had bathed as told. Just I case he came back. He didn't. When I tried to leave the suite to go to Julia, I found a guard by my door. A different one. I wasn't even sure where he came from. I hadn't had a guard all day yesterday. He told me to go back inside, but he did it so respectfully. It almost felt like he was being understanding, or maybe Killian's roughness was so extreme that everybody else's average behavior seemed nice in comparison.

Part of me wanted to keep defying Killian and never yield to him, sit on furniture and refuse to bathe, but the other part was torn into little pieces at how he's belittled me in front of Kiba and I wanted nothing but to bow and shut up after that.

To treat me like that in private was one thing, to do it in front of Kiba was another. He was the only wolf I respected in this house, the fact that Killian tore my shirt off in front of him and called me a behaved whore was beyond embarrassing.

I prayed to god Julia would come to me herself, but the chances were slim. For all I know, she doesn't even want to leave and I'm deluding myself.

The idea of being raped tonight was starting to set in slowly. Was this actually happening?

It would start with me hating it, but I had no control over how my body reacted to Killian's touch. It petrified me that I would start to enjoy and want him back. It terrified me that I would give in and kiss him.

Denying him that simple act gave me some sort of upper hand over him that I would hate to lose. The sole fact that I was even able to look away when he tried to kiss me was a win within itself.

The door of the suite opened again and a food cart made its way first. I jumped to my feet at the sight of who was pushing it.

"Julia," I almost screamed in utter joy. I don't know which guardian angel decided to check on me today, but I'm glad someone up there finally looked my way. This was a sign. She was never the one who brought the food up here. The moment I needed her to come, she came.

"Your lunch is being served," she said in an excessively formal way, it seemed those words were for the guard at the door, not me.

She closed the door behind her and I walked up to her.

"Oh my god, thank g-"

"Shh, Kiba planted a really high ranked tracker at your door," she whispered, alarmed. "What a waste, those don't do guard duties, they're hunters!" she continued, unveiling my lunch food covers and I dreaded them being dog food again but they were some kind of vegetarian meals, probably curated especially for me.

Was this him saying "Sorry" ?

Wait, did she say Kiba planted a tracker at my door? Was Kiba on to me wanting to run away or did he simply want to fortify the security around me? That was so odd.

"What happened to the table." she said when she noticed she had nothing to put the plates on. The broken table and cabinet were cleaned up while I was bathing, because when I walked out, the mess wasn't there anymore. Kiba had taken the bowels with him when he exited though. As if he didn't want anyone to see them.

"It doesn't matter, you can have it." I gestured to the food in her hand, she didn't wait a second before she dug in.

"Thanks for the dinner plate yesterday." she said and I looked at the cart in front of me.

"Do you think you can sneak me out using that?" I pointed to it. If we break off the middle tray, I could squeeze right in. Cover the sides with napkins and she could push it out. The guard won't even look twice because it's just a cart. I wanted to run. I needed to be out of here really fast.