18-Famished

The ear inflammation. The fever. The starvation. The stress. The pain. The bullying. The lack of sleep. The harassment, and just about every time I've been subject to some form of blatant mental abuse by his hands. 

It all finally caught up to me.

My eyelids fluttered, struggling to open. My blurry vision slowly adjusting to lock into the chandelier hanging from the ceiling. 

First thought: I should be dead...

Confusion, sadness and then disappointment all crept upon me.

Just exactly why am I alive?

My eyelids felt heavy and my face hot, I was so tired all I wanted was rest, the eternal kind.

I took a deep breath and let my eyes wonder ever so slowly towards the one human figure they noticed. No. not human...My gaze fell on a tall man with broad shoulders, I recognized alpha Killian's intimidating demeanor as it hit me, standing facing the window. His strong hands clasped together behind his back. Pensive. Something in me howled with content and agony at his presence. I hated that I was constantly so conflicted. Everything was hard with him. Even simple emotions blurred into a confusing blob of incertitude.

I wished to just dive right back into the realm of dreams, and never wake up again. Beats dealing with him. I just couldn't take it anymore.

I eyed his silhouette before I realized I was in an unfamiliar bedroom. On a huge, king sized bed. Soft silky bed sheets were wrapping around my body. This room had the same gold and white wall paneling as the living room.

Was I...in his bedroom?

I could tell he knew I was awake, he knew the moment my eyelids flew open, heck I'd be surprised if his wolf ears didn't pick up on my heart beat at this point. 

However, he was still facing away from me.

I started getting up and alpha Killian finally turned around. Alarmed at me moving into a sitting position. His eyes bore into me. His demeanor slightly pitiful and...concerned?

I didn't want his fucking pity. That would be the cherry on top of his pile of abusive behaviors.

He came towards me and flattened his palm on my forehead very gently; I froze at the contact, kicking the tingles I felt to the back of my head. He noted I was burning up before he looked at me seriously.

"And where exactly are you trying to go?" he raised his eyebrows and I pushed his hand away.

"Far away from you.." I whispered, bitter, and that poked the hell out of him for some reason but he kept his stoic demeanor on. Maybe he expected me to cling to him or be happy I was alive and in his bed...

His bed..

It suddenly hit me;

Scarlet has slept in here before...with him!

He breathed out before he put two fingers on my forehead and pushed gently, flattening my head back on the pillow.

"Stay put!" he ordered, "Hershey will back with your test results!"

Anger and resentment was filling me up like venom just at the thought of touching this mattress, and he felt it, it confused him. He froze for a moment and watched me yank the covers off of me and slide my leg into the ground, under his disapproving yet hesitant eyes.

"I can wait for him outside." I answered coldly. I wanted to be nowhere near his bed. Not that I wanted to see Hershey to begin with.

The last thing I remembered was me slipping away from his grip and falling off the balcony. How did I not have a single scratch on me when I clearly went over the railings?