29-Wanted

I coughed my lungs off on the ground, crouching down on all four like a dog. Water coming out of my nose, eyes, and mouth. My gag reflexes awake for no reason. I wanted to vomit but my stomach was empty.

Julia was wringing out her hair in silence. It was easier for her to swim back to land because unlike me, she had two functioning arms to use and didn't end up with half the lake inside her lungs.

I was a mess and it was getting worse because my body was craving alpha Killian as time passed.

The bridge was low. The jump wasn't bad. But the swim back to the shore with one hurt shoulder was a workout. I almost drowned a couple of times and was genuinely thinking "This is it". My shoulder wound had reopened and was bleeding into my drenched shirt. I had lake water oozing out of it. I dreaded getting a bacterial infection after this.

My migraine was worsening the more time I spent away from Killian. I felt like my right eye was going to burst open and cockroaches would fly out of it.

While fighting the water to stay afloat, one through ran in my head: What if the trackers saw us jump from the windows?

What if they got off the train and were coming to find us right now? If I get caught after all of this, I'm going to stab someone and take zero responsibility for it.

Being away from alpha Killian was so uncomfortable. My whole body hurt for no reason except that it wanted to be near him. I had a spasm in my lower belly but it was faint.

I wondered how he felt. If this spell really worked on both of us, and his body was hurting for no reason just like mine, he was probably pissed.

He was used to inflicting pain, not receiving it. Especially not because of a human. It made me all too scared of being caught.

"Oh no," Julia said, bringing my attention to her, I looked at the lake she was starring at and noticed objects floating in the distance. She grabbed my backpack from behind her and realized it had opened when she jumped. She flipped it upside down and water poured out of it.

It was empty.

"The wallet-" I asked and a cough cut me off.

"Gone," she threw the bag down. "Fucking marvelous!" she lifted her hands up and I knew she was going to find a way to make this my fault because she was still mad at me for not wanting to call dad.

"Where are we?" I asked holding on to my belly on ground, this spasm wouldn't leave. I wanted to get up but I couldn't. We needed to think of our next move instead of fighting, but she looked like she wasn't done yelling at me for not wanting to involve dad. But can you blame me?

She kept looking straight ahead didn't answer me. I dropped my head down.

"You know something," she turned around, annoyed at me and I closed my eyes. Lord here we go. "You're not the first slave to fall in love with alpha Killian." she blurted out and I opened my eyes again with an appalled frown.

"I'm not in love with him," I said turning to her, without really taking the time to think whether it was a lie or not. I wasn't sure actually. Wait, was I ? No, I wasn't. It'd be insane if I was.

Yeah, I was attracted to him, but "love" was a big word.

"You cried the whole three hour ride Riley, so fuck off."

"That's not why I was crying," I shook my head, a little fed up with being constantly under attack; "you don't know what happened in that suite before you walked in."