part one - goodbyes

buzz
i reached to grab my phone from my bedside table
buzz
i checked the time, shoot it was already 7:30
buzz

alright, okay, i get it i'm up
today was the big moving day, i was moving in with my aunt in new york after living in london my whole life. my parents recently both died in a car crash, so that leaves me with no one. apart from my aunt jules. she's the best, aunt jules, the last time i saw her in person was around 7 years ago when i was 10. but then she moved away to america. our encounters since then were over the phone.

since my parents died 6 months ago it's been really hard, i've had to move in with my next closest relative, so that brought me to cornwall living by the beach with my cousins step mums brother mike and his wife linda, who if i'm being honest weren't the calmest people alive. don't get me wrong, they were nice but also lived in a tiny house with 6 kids.

kids who absolutely despised me for moving in to their house. i get it, it would be a change in lifestyle for them but they couldn't even have been the slightest bit caring that my parents had passed away if they'd tried.

i rushed downstairs, dodging all the people moving about in the house, stuffing my face with a banana as i hurriedly grabbed my suitcase and all of my bags and took them downstairs.

i slipped on an outfit and said my goodbyes to the family, although, the kids didn't say goodbye but they managed to force a smile- which was good enough i suppose.
mike drove me to the airport and i said my goodbyes and thank yous and thought i might've seen a slight tear rolling down mikes face, but who knows.