part thirteen - dr connors

as gwen lead us into the other room, peter had his hood up and head down, to hide his identity i suppose.

there he was, dr curtis connors, standing right in front of us.

"hello everyone" he gave all of us a warm smile
"gwen" he nodded
"dr connors" she nodded back

"peter don't do anything, or say anything. not here, not now." i whispered making sure peter didn't ruin it for gwen, and he nodded

"how's everyone enjoying the tour so far?"
some people nodded, including me, not peter though.

gwen had her eyes on us the entire time- well mostly on peter, but still making sure i wasn't encouraging him to do anything stupid.

"my name is dr curtis connors, and im not a cripple, i'm a scientist" he began "im the worlds most foremost authority on herpetology, that's reptiles for those who don't know. but like the parkinson's patient who watches on in horror as her body slowly betrays her, or the man with macular degeneration whose eyes grow dimmer each day, i long to fix myself"

i could see peter looking directly into dr connors eyes

"i want to create a world without weakness," connors carried on, "anyone care to venture a guess just how?"

a boy at the front of the group raised his hand, and connors nodded, "stem cells?" he asked
"promising, but the solution im thinking of is more radical."

everyone looked around in confusion
"no one?" connors asked
then i raised my hand, "cross species genetics?"
and everyone stared at me- god why did they have to do that.

peter looked at me, wanting to carry on my idea and i gave him a nod to let him so he spoke up

"person gets parkinson's when the brain cells that produce dopamine start to disappear. but a zebra fish has the ability to regenerate cells on command." he said and looked back at me and nodded

"so if you could somehow give this ability to the woman you're talking about that's that, she's.. she's curing herself." i finished

connors looked at us both in awe and gwen tensed up at the fact peter had just spoken.
"and you both are?" dr connors asked

and gwen interrupted to make sure neither of us said the wrong thing, "midtown's best. they're top of their class." she said as connors nodded, still looking at us.

"anyway, i hope you all have a good rest of your tour!" he said and everyone nodded as if to say thank you, including peter this time
then gwen lead us to the next room.

i was walking alongside peter but then suddenly, he had disappeared.

i looked back and i could see him following the man in the suit from earlier. oh my god, he's such an idiot.

i had to follow him to bring him back to the group and make sure he didn't do anything completely reckless.

i left the group and followed pete but he was quite a bit ahead of me.

that's when he stopped, and hid behind a pillar watching two men come out of a room.

the door had a sign next to it with those two circles with a line through both of them on it.

the two men met the man in the suit, then all three of them walked off.

oh god- the door hadn't completely shut yet, peter was going to try and get into the room. for god sake, is he really that idiotic?

well, i guess he was. he walked into the room as i got to the pillar he was just stood behind, and hid, waiting for him to come back out.

five minutes had passed, and out walked peter.
"peter parker!" i whispered, clearly annoyed at him

"olivia?! what are you doing?"

"what am i doing?! what are you doing is the more important question!" i practically screamed, but tried to do it in a quiet fashion.

then peter put his hand over my mouth as i was still trying to talk

"peter parker did you not hear any of what i said before we got here?!" my cries were muffled, as his hand was still covering my mouth.

he pulled me by the waist, bringing us both back behind the pillar. the man in the suit was walking past again.

peter had pinned me up against the pillar with him directly in front of me, still covering my mouth. he was making sure the man had passed but i was looking into his eyes.

the man had then passed and he dropped his hand

"olivia?! peter?!" gwen spat. she looked extremely annoyed, but also shocked at the positions we were both in.

peter dropped my hand and i moved away from the pillar

"i'm so sorry gwen. we'll get back to the group now i promise."

"come on then, but if you do anything else like this i'll expose rodrigos secret." and she rolled her eyes as we followed her

as we were walking, peter stopped "ow!" he called out

"peter what is it? what's wrong?"

gwen looked back "guys come on"

"coming" i called

peter started walking again

"what was that all about?"

"i don't know, just a weird sharp pain in the back of my neck"

"are you ok?"

"yeah, fine now thanks"

and we carried on the tour.