part fifteen - sleepover

once i arrived at gwens house i greeted her family, and then went to gwens room. i was wearing a green claw clip in my hair, a heart locket (that had my parents photo in), black leggings and a navy blue and green striped over sized sweater.

her mum told us dinner would be ready in around half an hour

"so did you find out why peter wasn't in?" gwen asked

"yeah i went to his house and his aunt told me he was sick"

"oh that's not good, i hope he gets better soon"

"yeah me too"

"anyway what do you want to do? watch a movie?"

"yes!!! what movie?" i said as gwen ran to grab the remote

"uhh i'm not sure"

"maybe harry potter?"

"yes! i love harry potter"

"me too eeeek" she put harry potter on her tv and we watched the first 20 minutes before her mum told us dinner was ready

at the dinner table, i said hi to gwens three brothers, howard, philip and simon, since they were all in their rooms when i greeted her parents.

"this looks amazing mrs stacy!"

"thank you olivia" she smiled "i hope you enjoy it!"

"i'm sure i will" i laughed

i could feel philips eyes on me the entire time, it made me slightly uncomfortable, i wasn't going to lie. philip was gwens older brother, he was around a year older than gwen meaning a year older than me.

after dinner, i patiently waited until everyone had finished and i looked up to meet philips eyes, he smiled and i smiled back. but only because i didn't want to come across as rude, he was gwens brother after all.

"that was the best risotto i've ever had mrs stacy, thank you so much"

"no problem honey, i'm glad you enjoyed it!"

when we returned to gwens room we resumed harry potter and that was when i asked, "hey gwen, just a question but does philip have a girlfriend by any chance?" i tried not to sound interested- that would be weird. i just wanted to check. just to make sure. that wasn't weird. right?

"uh no not currently why?" she replied

"no reason"

"oh my god."

"what??"

"you like my brother." her jaw dropped

"no!! no! no i don't. don't get the wrong idea, gwen. i don't like your brother. i swear on my life."

"oh my god"

"gwen! i don't!"

"ok, ok. why did you ask then?"

"i just noticed he was looking at me the entire time we were eating. that's all. nothing weird."

"ugh i bet he likes you."

"what? no"

"he probably does, he switches girls every 2 weeks, you don't want to be involved with all of that liv, trust me"

"oh right, yeah okay" i laughed and she laughed too.

and we resumed watching harry potter.

i hadn't had a single text from pete. it was so weird, i honestly had no idea what was going on with him. yeah, he was sick, but why was he distancing himself from me?

a few hours had passed, it was now 11pm and me and gwen had just put face masks on.

"okay let's play truth or dare" she suggested

"sure"

"truth or dare?" she asked me

"uhh truth"

"hmm okay, have you ever liked peter?"

"peter parker?"

"yes"

"haha no hes my best friend" i lied

"ok my turn"

"truth or dare?" i asked her

"dare"

"ooh brave move gwen.. hmm, i dare you to message owen from science class and tell him you like him"

"what?!"

"you heard me"

"ok fine"

"you can say it was a dare after 10 minutes"

"five."

"seven."

"deal" and she sent the message to owen.

after a few more minutes of truth or dare, and taking our face masks off, and then karaoke to taylor swift songs, i got a message from jules

gwen paused "bad blood" by taylor swift and asked me if everything was ok

"oh my god." my eyes started filling with tears

"olivia what is it?!"

"peters uncle ben has been murdered."