part six - school

i got out of bed and immediately ran to the bathroom, time to get ready for school.

i couldn't wait to start midtown high, it was a fresh slate for me, and i couldn't be happier peter and jonas were already there, just so i wasn't lonely.

peter and jonas were exactly 18 months apart, meaning jonas was in the grade below us both.
as soon as i was ready, i looked in the mirror to see if i looked presentable enough- i was wearing a slightly tight fitted shirt with one of my favourite bands on the front, along with a pair of black flared jeans and some black converse to top it all off.

oh shoot, makeup- i quickly applied my mascara, lip gloss and a bit of blush to my face and brushed through my hair.

i grabbed my school bag, which was a cream tote back with the words "london 1989" on the front, and stuffed it with my earphones, phone, mascara, stationary and a hair tie- since i didn't have my books yet.

i ran downstairs to greet aunt jules, seeing she'd already made breakfast i sat at the table next to her and ate, a little quicker than usual since i really didn't want to be late for my first day.

"aunt jules"
"yes olivia?"

"i'm not sure if this is a sensitive question, so i'm sorry if it is, you don't have to answer"
"go on.."

"you might not even know the answer, but how did peter, miles and jonas all end up living with their aunt and uncle?"

"oh well it happened very much like how you came to live with me, their parents died sweetie" she told me "except no one really knows how or why, their parents just dropped them off at that house one night and disappeared"

"oh, that's odd" i said

once i finished my breakfast, i made sure to wash up mine and jules' plates and cutlery and then said my goodbyes.

that's when i heard a knock

"whoever could that be?" jules said
"i'm not sure" i approached the door and opened it. only to see it was none other than peter parker. he stood smiling at me

"i hope it's okay, but i thought since we're neighbours and we go to the same school- and i'd like to think we're friends," he added "i was wondering if you'd maybe want to walk to school with me?"

i couldn't see since she was behind me, but i just know jules had a grin covering her face.
"yeah, yeah sure" i said

peter was also wearing a t-shirt with a band on the front, some baggy trousers and some black shoes. wow maybe we really are more alike than i thought

"bye jules" i called out
"bye love"

as i was walking with peter i suddenly had a thought

"wait what about jonas- how's he getting to school?"

"oh bens driving him" peter replied
"oh right, why doesn't he walk with us?"
"uh..he um said he didn't want to."
"oh okay, fair enough"

the walk to school was around 40 minutes away, so me and peter really got to know each other a lot more in that time.
"if you ever need someone, i'm here" he told me

"thanks, same goes for you" i said

"oh by the way, who exactly do you hang out with at school? it's not like i'd know them but you know, just so i know what to expect.."

"no one really, i kind of just keep myself to myself. i mean i would hang out with jonas but i doubt he'd want to" he laughed

"well peter, that might change for you" i smirked

"will it now?" he teased

"i think it will" i said nudging him gently

"well we'll see about that"

"oh well i think i'll be right"

"and that's if i actually let you hang out with me"

"well why wouldn't you want to?"

"hmm, reasons"

"reasons, really parker? you know you couldn't bear not hanging out with someone as remarkable as me"

"you know, sometimes i forget you're british- until you start using words like remarkable"
we both laughed