part eight - the office

after the rest of the school day (me and peter found out ever since art that the only class we'd be sat next to eachother in was science, great) we both sat in the waiting area to speak to the principal

"sorry pete" i said

"it's fine" he laughed "it was me too"

"are you sure?"

"yes, 100%, plus we had fun didn't we?"

"yeah i guess we did" i said hesitantly whilst looking at the floor

"what's wrong?"

"nothing"

"no, i know somethings wrong"

"it's just quite a bad impression for me to make on my first day"

"oh liv don't worry about it it'll be fine" he reassured me, "i'll just say it was all me" he put his hand on my chin and lifted my head up, smiling. i looked him in the eye, "i promise," he began, "i'll make sure you won't get into trouble, okay?"

i smiled and then pulled him in tightly for a hug "thanks pete" i was blushing. and little did i know, he was too.

once we'd been called into the office, the principal sat us both down.

"olivia madden," he said, "peter parker" i was absolutely terrified, peter though, didn't look quite as bothered.

"i understand both of you were messing around in your art class earlier today."

"it was all my fault mrs landsdown" peter said
"ah ah ah, let me finish"

"sorry, miss"
"i understand that this whole highschool love is new for you mr parker, and i assume for you too miss maddens" she began

"what? i'm sorry miss i think you've got that wrong, me and peter are just friends" what was it with everyone assuming we were together?

"okay, nevertheless you two are quite the pair. that's why, as i'm sure you're aware, you'll not be sat next to eachother for your classes anymore, apart from science of course, since you're both at the top of the class," she wasn't wrong, "now i get it you're both close, but please remember that you are both very highly educated children, and you're both very very bright. make sure you don't loose that."

"we won't, thank you miss" i said
"thanks miss." peter said

once we came out of the office i finally said to peter "what's with everyone assuming we're together?"

"i don't know" he told me as he looked at his watch, "it's 4:30, we should probably start walking back"

"oh shoot i forgot to tell you i can't walk tonight pete, i'm going for dinner with aunt jules at 5 and i need to get ready, i'll just ask her to pick me up"

"oh alright, see you tomorrow and have a nice dinner"

"thanks peter, bye" i gave him a hug before he left