part ten - r.p

who or what was r.p? and why was it so important that i had to come over?

"what is it peter?"

"r.p," he began "are my fathers initials"
"oh, i'm so sorry peter"

"it's so weird, why would he leave this here?" i just sat, listening, not too sure what to say.

"my dad was a very secretive man"

"mhm" i didn't want to offend him or say anything wrong so i just smiled and nodded.

"i need to tell you something olivia," i nodded as if to say go on, "the reason me and my brothers live with may and ben is because my parents left us here when i was 6."

aunt may had told me they'd died, but i didn't know how. she said no one did.

"what happened then?" i asked

"my aunt and uncle know something about it but they won't tell us. although, jonas, miles and i are pretty sure it has something to do with our dads research. he was a scientist."

"oh, right," i said, "what was his name?"

"richard. richard parker"

"what do miles and jonas think of all this pete?"

"they're not really bothered by it, but i just know it has something to do with why he left us"

"have you opened the briefcase yet?"

"no, i wanted to wait for you"

"why me?"

"you're my closest friend, and i care about you. i just wanted someone with me when i open it"
"alright"

"okay, here goes nothing" peter got up to close the door before he sat back down again and unclipped the briefcase.

he tipped it upside down and a pair of glasses, that were obviously his dads, a calculator, subway tokens, some spare money, and more

he opened the front pocket area of the briefcase and in it he found a file, i could see his hands shaking as he slowly took out the file and opened it.

inside of the file there was a photo.

"that's my dad." peter pointed to a man wearing the same glasses that were in the briefcase, and he was stood next to another man, they were both wearing lab coats

"i recognise that man.."  i told him

"who is he?"

"that's dr curtis connors"

"of oscorp?" he asked

"yes, gwen was texting me about her internship at oscorp the other day and sent me a photo of her badge, so i looked up who curtis connors was since it said that he was her mentor."

"gwen?"

"my new friend, gwen stacy" i said proudly

"oh right," he said "what would he have to do with my dad?"

"i have no idea" we sat in silence for a minute, and then peter spoke up

"i'm going to oscorp"

"what? peter no you can't, you won't be allowed to just walk in"

"gwen can get us in cant she?"

"us? parker you aren't dragging me into this"
"come on, it'll be fun. plus, you said you'd be there for me"

"yes, and i still stand my that, but not if it requires breaking into oscorp"

"relax, we won't be breaking in, just entering uninvited- unless gwen can get us in"

"peter, i've just recently become friends with her, i can't expect her to do something like that."

"come on liv, please?"
"i'll see what i can do"

"thanks" he hugged me
then he put the glasses on
"do they suit me?"

"you look like your dad pete" i smiled wholeheartedly and he gave a grin back