part four - breakfast

as soon as i was ready i picked up my book- just in case things got a little awkward- and walked out of the house with my aunt.

as we approached the parker's house, for some reason i began to feel nervous- but why? i barely knew the guy.

shaking the nerves off, jules told me to knock on the door
knock knock

then i heard aunt may "peter go on be a gentleman and answer the door" followed by a few laughs from presumably his brothers.

and then peter answered the door.

we just looked at each other, not being able to move- his brothers seriously trying to contain their laughs.

"hi" he said, giving me a cheesy grin
"hey" i replied

"come on children we don't have all day, step inside" i heard aunt may say, but i didn't look at her, because i was looking at peter.

finally i snapped out of it and followed jules.

"breakfast won't be ready for another 10 minutes so feel free to go into the living room"
aunt jules stayed in the dining room, but i wanted to have a bit of time to prepare myself, i was such an awkward person and i really didn't want that to be my first impression for the rest of the parkers.

as i sat down on the sofa, i heard someone sit next to me- peter.

"hey" he said
"hi" i replied

"love and friendship, jane austen" he read out the title and author of the book i was reading
"yep" i replied, followed by, "do you read much?"

"quite a bit." he smiled. he looked gorgeous when he did that. what? no. no he didn't. come on olivia, pull yourself together. "do you like science?" he asked me
"it's my favourite subject, in fact i'm not sure if your aunt told you but i'm joining your school in a couple of days."

"i have a feeling we'll be seeing each other a lot then" he laughed "oh and aunt may didn't exactly tell me your name,"

"olivia." i told him, "olivia madden"

"nice to meet you olivia madden"

"nice to meet you too peter parker"

"breakfast was delicious, thank you so much mrs parker"

"please sweetie, call me may" she insisted "and you're most welcome" she smiled

"well i've got to get to flower club, olivia here's the keys and make sure to lock the door behind you if you're going to be home alone." jules insisted

"oh you're going to flower club are you jules?" may asked. my aunt nodded, "olivia is more than welcome to stay here if she'd like, instead of being alone. but it's her choice" she looked over at peter, who was still finishing breakfast but he looked up to see what was going on, and then may looked at me.

oh, i knew she was up to something. her and my aunt.