part eleven - oscorp

at school the next day, i arrived at the cafeteria and went to sit down next to pete, but then i realised about gwen and went to check what she was up to.

i told peter what i was doing and he told me that he needed to do some more research on dr connors and his dad so he went to the computer rooms.

i saw gwen reading on a bench outside, alone
"hey gwen" i called out and she smiled
"hey liv" i came to sit next to her

"what are you reading?"
"dracula, bram stoker"
"ooh interesting"

"oh, i forgot to tell you, i'm starting my internship at oscorp two days early, meaning i start tomorrow!"

"that's amazing gwen, i'm so happy for you!"

"eeek i'm so excited," she began "oh and i'm leading a tour next week, and i'm allowed to bring someone with me to join, i thought you might want to come, since you're so good at science?" she said.

that was the way in, it was perfect. and i wanted to go, which was a win win really.

gwen spoke again, "if you're not free or you don't want to go that's perfectly fine-"

"no no gwen i'd love to go, and i'm pretty sure i'm free- thank you so much" i hugged her
she chuckled, "you're welcome, it's at 2:30 next saturday"

"perfect" i grabbed a piece of paper out of my bag and scribbled the time and date down.

my phone started vibrating- it was peter.
"one sec, it's pete"

"oh okay" she whispered as i picked up the phone and she resumed reading

"can you come to the computer room, it's important?"

"yeah okay, i'll be there in a sec"

"did you manage to figure a way in?"

"yeah i did, i'll tell you when i get there"

"okay see you"

i hung up, thanked gwen again and explained that peter was in the computer room and he wanted me to see something, but i didn't tell her what.

"i'll see you at lunch" i said
"okay, see you" she smiled

i arrived at the computer room

peter was wearing his dads glasses

"what did you find" i said out of breath as i put my bag on the floor and sat in the chair next to
pete

"they were partners" he showed me an article he'd found on the internet

"makes sense"
"but what could they possibly of been working on that was so secretive and involved my dad dying?" he said and i shrugged

"so i found us a ticket into oscorp" i said changing the subject

"yeah, what is it?" he turned away from the computer and faced me

"gwens leading a tour around oscorp next week and is allowed to bring someone along to join the tour, she asked if i wanted to come," i started, "and i figured that if we get there early, you can just say you're someone else who will be doing the tour since they wouldn't have arrived yet"

"you're smart" he smiled, "but how will we know who's going"

"i'll ask gwen"

"okay" he said as the bell rang

"we should probably close down the computer and go to class now"

"yeah good idea"

i waited for him to turn of the computer and then we walked to class.

he put his arm around my waist and butterflies filled my stomach.

i think i was falling in love with peter parker. but what would happen if he didn't feel the same? i'd just keep my secret to myself, i couldn't risk him finding out.