part two - new beginnings

as my flight landed, i immediately pulled out my earphones, pausing taylor swifts song "welcome to new york".

a few people around me clapped but i didn't have time for that, i couldn't wait to see jules.

jules and my mum were really close, and since my aunt lived alone i really wanted to be there for her. as soon as i got out of the american airport, i booked a taxi and waited for it to arrive.

"ingram street, queens please" i said to the driver
"alrighty" he replied

"thank you so much" i said, handing him the cash
i was here.

as i was walking up to the front porch of my aunts house, i saw a tall ish boy with scruffy brunette hair and gorgeous brown eyes walk out of the house opposite, carrying a skateboard, he was looking straight into my emerald eyes- weird i thought.

"AUNT JULESSSS" i screamed as i opened the front door. she had already texted me 10 minutes before to say she'd left it unlocked.

"OLIVIA! OH MY GOD! LOOK AT YOU" she grinned as she put her hands on my cheeks

"i've missed you" she cried, hugging me tightly.
"i've missed you too, auntie" i chuckled

"are you okay love?" tears were filling her eyes, obviously thinking about her sister and brother in law

"i'm fine, we'll i've been better, but i'm just glad to be here with you" i smiled as tears started to fill my eyes too

"let me help you with your bags sweetie, come on now" she walked past me and picked up my bags and proceeded to take them upstairs.

as she was doing so, my eyes slid over to the woman sat at the dining table, and i shot her a confused look as she chuckled

"hello olivia" she paused "i'm so sorry jules didn't introduce us sooner, i'm may, your new next door neighbour" she gave me a warm smile

"ohh right, hello may" i smiled back, then i realised "wait you don't happen to live opposite us do you?"

"i most certainly do sweetie" oh
aunt jules returned to the room
"oh silly me! i'm ever so sorry both of you, i forgot to introduce you"

"it's alright jules, i've done that for you" may laughed.
"me and may have been friends ever since i moved, olivia"

"that's so lovely, did you meet because you were neighbours or was it because of another reason?" i questioned
"funnily enough, we only found out we were neighbours once we'd been out for coffee. me and your aunt met through working in the same office" may said

i wanted to ask about the boy but i decided it wasn't worth it, he may have just been a random guy dropping round the weekly paper- if they even did that over here.

"oh, may! what school does your peter go to again? him and olivia are the same age, they might be in the same classes!" peter..? was he the boy i'd seen earlier?

"oh my gosh! i hadn't even thought of that! peter goes to midtown high and so does jonas! not miles though he's got a job at a cafe now did i tell you? - anyway we must introduce olivia to peter"
"yes we must"

"well i'm going to midtown high too, maybe i'll see him there" i saw may raise an eyebrow to my aunt.
what was that all about..