Ch. 40: Softcore

Softcore- The Neighbourhood

"You've been my muse for a long time. You get me through every dark night. I'm always gone, out on the go. I'm on the run and you're home alone. I'm too consumed with my own life. Are we too young for this? Feels like I can't move."

-

Dawn POV

It's as if the world started to turn on its axis properly. I felt liberation flow down from my brain across my fingertips. This is euphoria, purpose in a nutshell. I think I want to stay here.

Issy is the first to pull me in a hug, reaching her arm for Serena. She's reluctant, but she gives in eventually. "I could cry," Issy explains.

"Please don't," Serena whines, "Because I might too."

I chuckle before pulling back to look at my comrades.

"I never got to say it, so I'll say it now. Thank you." Serena says.

"Thank you for letting me in," I say. "Both of you."

"Hey my warrior queens," Alice muses, pulling Casper right behind, "You guys were so strong, absolutely fearless, and fucking powerful. Right Casper," she elbows him.

"Yes, very strong," he remarks quickly.

I squeeze Alice's arm before stepping back from this overjoyed group to find Jake. I see him in the distance, chatting away at Donahue, one of the police officers. It's like he knew when I was staring because the next thing I know, he smiles in my direction. I wish I could see his eyes, but alas, they are still covered, so I instead nod my head to him, motioning him to follow me. I don't wait. Instead, I turn on my heel and begin my journey down a corridor.

I know he would be fast to follow. Why on earth would I walk alone at the Underground, a place plagued by horrible memories. I glance back, and Jake is hot on my trail. I open the nearest door, hoping to find a closet or something. I was right, and as soon as I crack the door close, Jake pushes me against the opposite wall, causing a slight squeal to grow at the back of my throat.

"What are you doing?" He questions, slight annoyance but curiosity stinging my ears from his voice.

The light is dim in my ear, and there is not that much room, with cleaning supplies littering the ground.

"You've been good."

"How so?" he muses, allowing his hands to sneak beside my waist.

Instead of answering him, I smash our lips together, hoping to decrease the tension; it only heightens it, smacking our lips for more. Between breaths, I say, "You... have... been more than good."

One of his hands easily slips from my waist down to my butt, inching slowly across my thighs.

"No," I pull from him.

He furrows his brows as I push his sunglasses to sit on top of his brown waves.

"I've been meaning to reward you."

"And a reward wouldn't be watching you come undone with fingers, lips, or tongue." He dares pet the spot.

I roll my forehead against his chest.

"Jake, you deserve the world." I have a sudden urge to cry. I don't know from what. It would totally ruin the mood, so I try to compose myself by getting on my knees.

"Dawn, what are you doing?"

"You know what." I unbuckle his belt, pulling down his pants to the best of my abilities.

I can hear him gulp, and his eyes silently beg me for the release. He hardens instantly when I touch the head; I lick the underside of his shaft, connecting his head to my lips. Slowly I hollow my cheeks, and I begin to suck, a vein pops from the side, and it disappears as I slowly take more and more, inch by inch. A silent growl grows at the back of his throat, and I bob quicker, licking at the head every so often.