Ch. 1: Raindrops

Raindrops- Ariana Grande

"When raindrops fell down from the sky. The day you left me, an angel cried. Oh, she cried, an angel cried. She cried."

-

"Loving him was a mistake. I kept telling myself that because mistakes can be fixed with time. But then months pass, and I still call out his name in my sleep, imagining his fingers wrapped around mines, and everything I felt about him just grew stronger within time. What will happen if years pass? Will he begin to realize I'm not coming back to him? If so, does this mean our destruction recommence when he storms back into my life."

Dawn P.O.V.

July 1st

My side of the room is a complete mess or at least a mess to my standards. My clothes have been thrown across the room numerous times, and I'm afraid I already know the number of laundry loads I will have to endure. Far too many for my liking.

"Just staring at the mess won't do anything, you know that right?" Lana says from where she lies on her bed across our dorm room.

I roll my eyes at her. "Shush, you." I say to my roommate. "Your side of the room has been a lot worse, and you know it."

"Guilty." She sits up from her lying down position. "But hey, I'm not the one with a date tonight." Her tongue is sticking out to the side of her dark lips that were covered in lipstick.

I look away, kicking my clothes to the side of the room to make the carpet underneath more visible. "Oh, Ben," I say innocently as if I had forgotten about it.

"Yes, that guy." She laughs. I hear her sit up all the way now, eyeing my backside I assume. "It's your second date, and I already can imagine the beautiful fucking."

"Lana!" I squeal before throwing a dirty sock at her from my bedside.

"What?" She laughs back to me. "I would have hopped on him the second we got back to the dorm rooms on the first date if I were you."

"I already told you..." I trail off as I thought back to that distant conversation so many months ago.

"Yeah, Yeah. Love is dead. Never again. The sob story plays out." Her eyes roll.

"Don't mention his name." My ears redden at the mere thought of her uttering his name.

Not today. Anything but today. Just thinking about him makes my head hurt, and the more I think about him, I begin to imagine his face in my head, with the dark glasses covering each eye, and his dimples pressing into a smile so slightly. No, I can't think about it.

"What name?" She asks coyly as her lips turn into a sympathetic smile. She stands from her bed, and strides a few steps in front of me, her hands reaching my shoulders. "It's the third time hanging out with Ben. You deserve to have a good time out, and maybe a good time in as well." She teases.

I haven't been with anyone since him. I don't know why I'm nervous about exploring my body with anyone else. Maybe I'm afraid it won't be as good, or perhaps because I'll miss him. For fuck sakes, Dawn... we aren't talking about Jake Dennings right before you see another a guy.

We aren't.

I mean it's not that serious. You're going out for dinner. Not for anything more. The thought of being intimate with someone that involves emotions behind it doesn't sit well with me.

Anything associated with love makes me sick to my stomach nowadays. I've never been the type to be cynical about love, but how can I not when all the people around me suck at love. Alice and Casper with their cheating scandal, my own parents, and their toxic relationship, let's add my irregular relationship with a man who is afraid of the light.