《 glitter glue 》

First oneshot of the new year! This is for the three people who requested for everyone's favorite daycare attendant. Enjoy!

Stay safe, stay alive, and remember you are loved! Happy new year!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( sundrop x reader )

You work in Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex as the maintenance checker for the sun animatronic in the Daycare. Generally, you just work in the daycare and no other place. The other human staff you see are just the receptionists and party handlers. The ones who take care of the kids within the play area are you and Sunny, although you mostly act as a supervisor.

It's undeniable that some kids are afraid of Sunny— which is where you come in. As your coworker once mentioned, having a female employee around to act as a secondary caretaker was the company's best idea yet. Kids would often flock to you, leaving poor Sunny alone, which is why you only enter the Daycare in cases of emergency so they can play with him more instead.

For a while, you've noticed that Sunny has been looking at you differently compared to when you first started working. You figured it was just him getting accustomed to your presence but you'll soon find that it's for a different reason. However, there's no doubt that you yourself find that jester animatronic interesting. Maybe even to the extent that you can freely say you like him.

Today, after closing, the night guard of the pizzaplex sent you a message saying that there's a kid on the loose. Everyone who knows you knows that the Daycare is your area of expertise so naturally you're the one up to handle this task.

Using your security badge, you enter through the wooden doors only to find Sunny waving his arms in front of a kid. You thought it was all under control until the kid knocked over some toys, making Sunny clean it up, and took his chance to escape. The little boy climbed into the play area and you decide to have a little talk with the champ— or superstar, as Freddy calls all the kids.

"Psst."

The kid turned to face you. He has brown hair, wore a blue shirt and cargo shorts. There's a Fazwatch on his left wrist. And do all kids have a band-aid on their cheek nowadays?

"Who are you?" He had the audacity to ask you, seeing as how you are obviously not a child.

"Uh, I work here. I thought that was obvious with the logo on my jacket."

Does he know what time it is? And what is he doing in the Daycare? Extra playing time perhaps?

"I thought the pizzaplex was closed? Aren't you gonna go home?" He asked you again. In the background, Sunny was covering his eyes probably thinking that he and the kid were playing hide and seek.

"I could ask you the same thing, kiddo. Where are your parents?"

"Um..."

This kid would definitely get in trouble if the night guard saw him.

"Y/n! My friend!"

As Sunny called out to get your attention, the kid slipped away from your sight. The yellow robot waved his arms at you excitedly. Did he notice you were there just now?

"You should come join me! Me and our new friend are playing hide and seek!"

"Ah, no thanks, Sunny."

As Sunny skips to another area, you crawl from your spot to go look for that kid again. You later find him in the upper levels. He was watching Sunny skip around the play area. What's up with this kid?

"Hey. At least tell me your name. I'm Y/n."

"I'm Gregory."

You crawl forward and sit next to him. To this day, it still surprises you how you can fit in the play areas whenever you have to fish lost children out.

"So what's your deal?" Gregory asks you.

"Again, I should be asking you the same thing." You scoff. "And I told you, I work here. My job is to make sure kids like you—"

"He looks at you with the googly eyes, you know." Gregory cuts you off.

"Who?"

"That animatronic."

Both your eyes trailed over to the daycare attendant, who was still roaming around.

"Sunny? What do you mean?"

The child rolls his eyes. "I mean he looks at you like you're glitter glue. And he likes glitter glue. A lot."

So all it took was for a sassy lost child to open your eyes to realize how things were. Sunny did look at you in a certain way, even if his face is robotically still, there was a feeling that lingered with the way he spoke to you and watched you play with children.

"And you like glitter glue too, don't you?" Gregory gives you a serious look.

"What the heck? What kind of kid are you?"

Gregory was right on the dot with what was going on between you and Sunny. But how did he know? Has he been here before? This kid is dangerous to be left alone.

"You should go distract him so I can leave and go back to Freddy."

"You're with Freddy?"

"That's not the point," Gregory mentally facepalms. "I'm telling you to go talk to Sunny."

"Ok, but here, take my security badge instead." You give him your pass. "If you take the one on the desk, it would shut off the lights and we wouldn't want that to happen."

Gregory smiles at you. "Thanks, Y/n."

This kid is something else, you think.

"Don't come back here, Gregory. I'm banning you."

That was where you parted ways. As Gregory looks for an escape route, you climb down from the play area and approach Sunny.

"Sunny?"

"Y/n!"

Without warning, he picks you up and spins you around. The two of you laugh in the moment. He then puts you down and does something he's never done before; embraces you. His long arms nearly covered your whole back as he held you tight like how a human would hug someone. You bury your face on the frills on his neck and try your best to hug him back.

"Do you like me, Sunny?"

"Yes." Came his robotic whisper. "I like you very much."

You smile. "I like you too."

Unbeknownst to you, Gregory had stuck around to watch the scene unfold. He smiles to himself before leaving the Daycare for good.

《 end. 》