《 got my eye on you 》

Me finding out gators can make deep purring sounds: ohoho
Me finding out they do it to attract a mate: OHOHOHOHOO

P.S. Kael and I wrote this so it might be longer than the usual length of our oneshots. Enjoy.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( monty x blind reader )

You lost your sight a few years ago. Despite getting accustomed to daily life, it's still undeniably hard for you. You miss the sights, all the colors and wonderful graphics of the world. Now, you rely on audio cues and instincts to guide you. Everything you once knew to see in your everyday life now became something unfamiliar to your other senses. Your vision ends up to be nothing but a semi-permanent blur. While your eyes were slowly transitioning into a stormy gray hue, it reminded you of the terrible fact that you may never get your sight back again. That aside, you've been taking several treatments, so there is still hope.

Your friends bring you to that new pizzaplex one day, thinking it would be good for you to hear great music and taste amazing food. It was also a good idea for them to let you explore new places independently through the vibrations that drifted throughout the building. For the most part, they care about you so much that they can't leave you alone. But there are instances where they completely forget you. This is one of those times.

You have no idea where you ended up. Neon blurs and blotches occupy your vision as you try to look around. Unfortunately, your ears picked up no signs of any other person around. You stomp your foot onto the cold marble floor. It makes an echo and throws itself farther away from where you stood. You concluded that you were in some kind of long hallway, or some type of a gallery area based on several brown spots that seemed to be in glass cases. You maneuver your way forward, occasionally bumping into objects, until you hear a loud crashing noise accompanied by animalistic sounds.

Naturally, this noise attracted your attention. And you figured that wherever this noise comes from, there has to got to be a source and perhaps a way to leave the hallway. Your legs speed up as they swiftly avoid the big blurs that came your way. Soon, you stop in front of something dark. You place your hands on what you discern to be a thick piece of glass. There were also some square signs that your wrists bump into as you felt your way around. The racket was getting louder in your ears as your hands end up on what you think is a door.

You stop for a moment. What on earth are you doing? What exactly were you planning to do beyond this point? You retract your hands to your chest but your heart was beating so hard at that point that you can't settle your hands near it. Instead of deciding to feel helpless, you pluck some courage out of thin air, swallow it, and knock on the door. The noise stops abruptly. You hear the door open with a mechanical woosh along with heavy footsteps that stop right in front of you.

"Um."

Your head did not move for it didn't know which direction to look. A shade of green and yellow is all you could see but you figured that doesn't even matter seeing as how you're currently paralyzed with fear of what could happen next. You swallow the lump in your throat, deciding that what you were gonna say next might be your dumbest idea yet.

"I'm, uh, Y/n." You smile but inwardly grimace at yourself.

Silence. In the back of your head, you can sense that what you're talking to is probably just staring at you like you're an idiot. A realization then washed over you. You remember your friends describing the Glamrock animatronics to you earlier during the show. This one must be Monty. Your eyes trail up to (who you assumed was) Monty to see that there was more green in your vision. There's also a faint star shape around his eyes. Not to mention the bright red mohawk on top on his head.