Chapter 9 - The Western Air Temple

YAY!!! I FINALLY got this chapter finished after not updating this story for 5 weeks...! I do apologize for taking so long with this chapter... I was just so busy with work and many other things that I just didn't have any time to write this chapter until recently.

Since I'm done with this chapter, I really hope you guys like it!!!

Personally, I think I could've done better on some parts of it (such as the ending) but I'll be editing this chapter later on when I'm ready to read this chapter in the format of a video for my YouTube Channel!!!

Anyway, like I said already, I really hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!! Think of it as both a late Christmas and Early New Years present from me!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sigh tiredly as the others and I continue our search for the Western Air Temple on foot. "This is humiliating." Katara says glumly. "You mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?" Sokka asks her. "Both." Katara answers and I nod in agreement. It's bad enough that we had to split off from the rest of the invasion force... but now we have to walk to the Western Air Temple... "Sorry guys, but Appa gets tired carrying all these people." Aang says while petting Appa, with a small smile on his face. "I wonder how the rest of the troops are." Teo says sadly. "They're probably on their way to a prison." Haru answers glumly. "Seems like my dad just got out and now he's going back in." "I miss Pipsqueak." The Duke, who's walking next to me and Sokka, says sadly. "I miss not having blisters on my feet." Sokka replies. "Me too..." I groan. "Hey, we're here! I can feel it!" Toph exclaims suddenly, a giant smile on her face. The others and I look around only to see a large cliff in front of us. "Uhhh ... I think your feet need their eyes checked." Katara says. "No, she's right. We are here!" Aang smiles. "Wow... it's amazing!" Toph exclaims, her smile widening. "Well, now that we're here, let's get down there." I tell the others before we all get on Appa and fly down to the temple.

*******************

"Whoa! This place is amazing." I say as the others and I get off of Appa on one of the many platforms that form the temple. "It's so different from the Northern Air Temple. I wonder if there are any secret rooms." Teo says. "Let's go check it out!" Haru exclaims as he runs off to explore. Teo and The Duke follow him. Aang also tries to follow them, but he's cut off by Katara. "You guys go. I think we need to talk about some things." she tells Haru and the 2 other boys.

The 3 of them get to the top of the stairs that lead into the temple. "I'll race you, Duke." Teo says before doing a wheelie and racing into the temple. "I told you, it's The Duke!" The Duke exclaims as he and Haru run into the temple after him. "Why can't I go?" Aang asks Katara. "We need to decide what we're gonna do now, and since you're the Avatar, maybe you should be a part of this." Katara explains.

Aang walks over to one of the stone benches and sits down. "Fair enough." "So, what's the new plan?" he asks, looking up at the others and I. "Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan!" Sokka exclaims. "You just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes." "Oh, yeah. That's great, no problem. I'll just do that." Aang answers sarcastically. "Aang, no one said it's going to be easy." Katara consoles. "Well, it's not even gonna be possible!" Aang replies. "Where am I supposed to get a firebending teacher?" he asks her, while turning to look at her. Katara thinks about it for a moment before looking up at Aang again, a smile on her face. "We could look for Jeong Jeong!" Aang immediately shoots her idea down. "Yeah... right." He lays down on the stone bench he's sitting on without a care. "Like we'll ever run into Jeong Jeong again." "Who's...?" Toph starts to ask curiously. "Oh, nevermind. If it's important I'll find out." she continues while folding her arms irritably. "Oh well, guess we can't come up with anybody." Aang says as he jumps up from the bench. "Why don't we just take a nice tour around the temple?" he asks as he takes his glider, running over to the edge of the platform, Momo scappering right behind him. Aang then opens his glider when he gets to the edge of the platform, flying off into the canyon with Momo right behind him. "What's up with him?" Toph asks and I just shrug. "There's gotta be someone who can teach him firebending." Sokka states, trying to think of someone that could teach Aang firebending.