Bonus Chapter: The Tale of Zuko and Mia *Alternate Version!*

Several days have passed since the incident with Jet and our lives are going as well as they could be. We still have our ups and downs obviously, but I know that we'll get through them like we always have been able too. At the very least, work at Pao's tea shop is going well. That was until a certain customer began to get on my nerves. I turn away from the customer that I had just given a cup of tea to, my eyes landing on the very girl that has been coming into the tea shop a lot the last few days. It's glaringly oblivious as to why she's been coming into the shop so much. She barely ever takes her eyes off of Zuko when he has his back to her, and she always flagged him down to take her order, even if Iroh or I were free to do so. I tell the customer to let me know if they need anything else before I walk towards the kitchen to get some more tea for another customer.

I'm about to exit the kitchen again when Zuko walks toward the counter, glancing back behind him toward the girl for a second, before turning back. "Uncle, we have a problem." he says quietly as Iroh descends the ladder that he had been on, putting supplies on a shelf. "One of the customers is onto us. Don't look now, but there is a girl over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation." he continues. I roll my eyes at his statement, knowing that's not the situation at all. I see Zuko force Iroh to turn around as he had turned to look at the girl. "Didn't I say don't look!" Zuko growls as Iroh grins. "You're right Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quite a lot." Iroh states. "Seems to me she has quite a little crush on you." he continues. Zuko reels back in surprise at Iroh's statement. "What?!" I huff quietly, not wanting to admit that I really don't like the idea of that girl having a crush on Zuko as I walk out of the kitchen and to the next customer that I'm serving.

As I walk over to the table, the girl gets up from her table and walks over to the counter. I hand the woman her tea just as the girl reaches the counter. "Thank you for the tea." she says, making both Iroh and Zuko turn to her. She hands Zuko a few coins, who takes them and turns away from her, putting the coins into the money bag. "What's your name?" the girl asks Zuko as I walk away from the woman I had just given a cup of tea to. Zuko turns to face her. "My name's Lee." he starts. "My Uncle and I just moved here with a very close friend of ours." he continues while gesturing to me as I walk past him, before I enter the kitchen, but I don't acknowledge him or the girl. "Hi Lee, my name is Jin." I hear the girl introduce. "Thank you and, well, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?" she asks him.

I freeze at her question, jealousy running through me. I grit my teeth in anger as I exit the kitchen. "Lee." I call out, causing Zuko to turn to me. "Could you do me a favor and help me with this?" I ask while pointing into the kitchen. "Um... Yeah..." he looks over at Jin and then back at me. "Sure..." Without another word to Jin, Zuko and I go into the kitchen.

*********

As the 2 of us are in the kitchen, I can tell that Zuko wants to say something to me about what had just happened. I'm about to take my tray out when he stops me. "You alright? You seem really worked up for some reason." I turn to him, a strained smile on my face. "I'm fine." I try to leave the kitchen again, but Zuko grabs my arm, stopping me again. "You are not fine." "Zu- Lee... We can't talk about this now..." I say. "Kida, please..." he begs. I shake my head, shaking my arm from his grip. "Not now okay. I promise, I'll talk to you about it after work."

And with that, I exit the kitchen wanting to just avoid the situation all together, not wanting to admit that I was jealous.

************************************************************************

After a long day of work, the 3 of us are finally able to go home to our apartment and relax. After relaxing for about 2 hours, I got restless and decided to go for a walk. "Why don't I go with you?" Zuko asks as I open the door. "No, that's okay I-" he cuts me off by grabbing the door and gesturing to me that I should exit the apartment. I sigh gently before exiting the apartment as Zuko tells Iroh that we'll be back in a little while.