Chapter 8 - Kyoshi Island

A couple days have passed since I thanked Zuko for what he did for me, and let me just say, I thought that he would treat me like he did that night. But, NO, he is exactly like how he was before, always asking me for information on where the Avatar is going. In which I always reply with the answer I've been giving him since day 1. He is so frustrating!

I'm currently on the main deck practicing my waterbending by making random objects with the water that I'm bending. Surprisingly, no one has told me to stop using my bending, but I have been being watched constantly. There's no doubt that many of the crew members don't trust me and think that I'll use my bending to escape. Hmph, yeah right. I won't do that until I see Aang and my siblings again, and I have no idea when that will happen since I have no idea where they are and neither does Zuko from what I've heard...

I spend another hour on the deck before I decide to find Zuko since I haven't seen him all morning. I walk down the long corridor stopping by my room to grab a book to read. The book I choose is called: The History of The Fire Nation. Of course they would have books on the history of the Fire Nation and none of the other nations.

I exit my room and walk over to Zuko's door, slowly opening it since I don't want to rush in, just in case he's doing something I don't want to witness. I poke my head inside the room, seeing him sitting in front of an altar meditating. "Is it alright if I come in?" I ask him softly. "It's fine." Zuko answers, his voice eerily calm. I slowly close the door behind me before making my way over to his bed. As I sit down on the bed, getting situated, I glance toward Zuko. It's so weird seeing him so calm. But I guess that's what happens when you meditate for long periods of time.

By this point, I've lost track of time and I have no idea as to how long I've been reading in Zuko's room for. My concentration on the book is broken however when the door to the room slowly opens and Iroh enters the room. Zuko doesn't move from his spot on the floor. "The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Avatar." he says, his voice calm. Iroh steps into the room further, carrying what looks like a map. "Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset." Iroh advises his nephew. I roll my eyes at that comment. Of course Zuko would get upset, he's always upset about something. "Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now whatever you have to say, I'm sure that I can take it." Zuko says, his voice just as calm as it was before.

Iroh looks unsure before finally telling Zuko the news about Aang. "Okay, then... we have no idea where he is." he says, 'Oh boy, here we go.' I think. '3. 2. 1.' I count off in my head. "WHAT?!" Zuko exclaims in pure rage that the for 4 candles on the altar flare up to the ceiling as he gets to his feet and turns to face Iroh, his anger very evident on his face. Iroh turns away from the flames and raises his right arm to protect his face. As the flames subside, he pulls a fan out of his robes. "You really should open a window in here." Iroh advises as he fans himself, making me nod in agreement as I cough hysterically from the smoke. "Agreed." I cough.

Zuko of course ignores Iroh's advice. "Give me the map!" Zuko orders as he snatches it out of Iroh's hands, opening it up and studying it as Iroh continues to fan himself. "There have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down." Iroh tells Zuko as I slowly get up from Zuko's bed, looking over Zuko's shoulder to get a peek at the map. "How am I gonna find him, Uncle?" Zuko asks his uncle as he looks down at the marks with circled Xs and dotted lines connecting them all. Geez, Aang is really having fun with this, exploring the world after being encased in ice for 100 years. "He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering." Zuko adds which makes me roll my eyes as I sit back down on his bed. If only he knew, Aang is just a kid who wants to have fun after being stuck in an iceberg for 100 years.