Chapter 20 - The Siege of The North - Part 2

"I can't believe I lost him..." Katara says from her spot, kneeling at the pool. I walk over to her, placing my hand on her shoulder as I kneel down beside her. "You did everything you could and now we need to do everything we can to get him back." I say to her. Katara nods, tears brimming over her eyes as she looks towards Sokka behind me. "Zuko can't have gotten far." Sokka replies. "We'll find him. Aang's gonna be fine." he continues. "Okay." Katara replies back as she gets up, walking over to Appa with me beside her.

Once we get on Appa, I sit next to Sokka who's holding the reins. "It's all right." I hear Katara say behind me. I turn around to see Momo, looking out over the pond sadly. "You stay here, Momo, in case Aang comes back." she continues as she makes her way into the saddle and sits down next to Yue. "Yip! Yip!" Sokka says flicking the reins making Appa launch himself into the air and out of the sanctuary into the frozen, snowy wasteland above.

After a while of flying and seeing nothing but a giant canyon, Sokka makes Appa land and slides down from his head. He looks around for a moment before turning to us - nothing. I sigh softly as he starts to make his way back to Appa again. 'Zuko, you're an idiot!' I think as Appa takes off again. 'When we find you, you're going to be very lucky that I won't kill you for being so stupid.'

We continue flying, continuing our search for Aang and Zuko, but all we see around us is white. "Don't worry!" I hear Yue yell out over the wind. "Prince Zuko can't be getting too far in this weather." she continues. "I'm not worried they'll get away in the blizzard. I'm worried that they won't." Katara replies. "They're not gonna die in this blizzard. If we know anything it's that Zuko never gives up." Sokka says, which I agree with one-hundred percent. "They'll survive – and we'll find them!" he continues, determination in his voice.

I don't know how long we've been searching, but we still haven't seen any sign of Zuko and Aang... The thought of the 2 of them freezing to death makes my heart clench painfully. "Look!" Katara shouts as a bright blue light flies over us. "That's gotta be Aang! Yip-yip!" she continues as Sokka flips Appa's reins to follow the light as it flies into a cave, illuminating the inside of it briefly.

A few moments pass and we see Aang trying to crawl in the snow, but since he's bound in rope, he doesn't get too far and Zuko catches him. "Appa!" Aang yells as we fly over the 2 of them. Appa lands and Katara and I jump off of Appa. I run over to Aang while Katara stands in front of Zuko in a fighting stance. "Here for a rematch?" Zuko asks Katara as he assumes a firebending stance. "Trust me, Zuko," Katara responds as she begins to waterbend. "It's not going to be much of a match." she continues as I try with all of my strength to untie the ropes that are around Aang, but their too thick and strong. "Here, let me!" Sokka says, kneeling down and cutting the ropes with his boomerang. "Hey," Sokka says. "This is some quality rope!" he continues as he holds up the rope. "We need to get to the oasis!" Aang says while untying the rest of the rope and running over to Appa. "The spirits are in trouble!" he continues.

As I get to my feet again, I look over to where Zuko is to see him lying unconscious in the snow. My heart aches slightly at the sight of him, my thoughts wandering to the kiss that we had shared yesterday. "Mia! Come on!" Katara calls out to me. I shake my head as I turn to face them. "We can't just leave him here!" "Sure we can! Let's go!" Sokka says back to me. "No, she's right." Aang says. "If we leave him, he'll die." he continues as he jumps down from Appa and running over to Zuko, picking him, bringing him back to Appa. 'Thank you Aang.' I think with a smile as I walk over to Appa. "Yeh, this makes a lot of sense." Sokka says sarcastically as he helps me up into the saddle. "Let's bring the guy who's constantly trying to kill us!" he continues as Appa takes off.

I sit in the saddle next to the unconscious Zuko, holding back the urge to brush his hair out of his face. I'm so grateful that Aang agreed with me that we should bring Zuko with us because, if we would have left him, he would have froze to death...