SIX

He couldn't sleep.

He gets up and sits on the bed, leaning his back on the head board. He glances at his boyfriend on the couch who's sleeping soundly. He smiles flatly.

He slightly jolts when the door suddenly opens. He looks at the door and he sees the pretty nurse holding a tray. "Hi, Donghyuck."

"Renjun."

Renjun places the tray on the table. Donghyuck stares at it, grabs the spoon, and sees his own reflection. His cheeks are not as chubby as he can remember and his cheekbones are almost visible. He smiles at himself and looks at Renjun.

"Come on now, eat your dinner." Renjun smiles. "Little by little. Slowly. I know you can do it, Hyuck."

Donghyuck brings down the spoon, shaking his head and looks away. "I'm not hungry."

"You haven't eaten anything, sweetie." The nurse gently moves Donghyuck's head to make him look at him. He grins, "Do you want me to feed you?"

The touch made Donghyuck shivers a bit. It's cold. "No," he shakes his head, "I'm not a baby anymore."

Renjun nods, "Eat, then. I'm not leaving until you finish it."

"Don't leave, then."

The nurse laughs quietly. "Cute." He pokes the younger's nose, "I'm gonna feed you, okay?"

"I said, no!" Donghyuck huffs, "I don't want to eat."

"Just try this once. It's delicious, I swear." Renjun scoops a bit of soup on the spoon and brings it in front of Donghyuck's mouth. "Here, sweetie, come on."

The latter stares at the spoon then to the nurse's pretty face and back to the spoon. He reluctantly opens his mouth. Renjun then put the spoon in his mouth, Donghyuck having the taste of the soup.

"It's cold."

"That's because you didn't eat it immediately." Renjun chuckles, "Want more?"

Donghyuck bites his lower lip and nods. "Y-you sure I won't get fat?"

"You won't." Renjun brings another spoon of soup in Donghyuck's mouth. "Hm, I told you, it's delicious, right?" Donghyuck only nods. "Here, then. Eat it by yourself now. I thought you're not a baby anymore?" He smirks teasingly.

Donghyuck grabs the spoon and takes the bowl of soup carefully. Renjun watches him as he starts to eat very slowly. The nurse smiles widely and brushes the younger's hair with his cold fingers.

"Keep doing that," Donghyuck says and Renjun hums in question. "Keep brushing my hair with your fingers. It's relaxing."

The pretty nurse nods, "Okay."

As Donghyuck finishes his soup, he places it back on the tray. Renjun giggles and ruffles his hair. "Good boy. You're doing great, sweetie! If you keep doing that, the earlier you'll leave this hospital."

"Thanks." Donghyuck leans on the head board, sighing.

"I want you to feel better, Hyuck."

"Can you stay? Sleep here beside me."

Renjun tilts his head to the side, "Hm? Do you want your boyfriend to catch us? It's surprising that he's not waking up." He glances at Mark who's still sleeping on the couch, on his back with his one hand on his stomach and the other is on his head. "He must be sleeping so soundly."

"Renjun."

"Don't worry, Hyuck, I'll come back tomorrow." Renjun smiles. "You need to sleep now. We'll see each other. Good night."

He watches the pretty nurse left his room. He sighs and lays in his bed. He turns to his side, closing his eyes.
-

A/N

thank you so much for reading! <3