NINE

After lunch—Donghyuck actually didn't eat, he just drank a bottle of water, so much he felt like vomitting—Mark brought him to the therapy office at the 4th floor.

In the elevator, Donghyuck's heart was beating rapidly he can almost hear it. His palms were sweating that he kept on wiping them on his hospital dress. When Mark noticed, he held his hand and the younger felt a bit of ease by the gesture.

When they reached the office, Mark knocked on the door and gently opened it in which he was met by the therapist, Dr. Kim.

"Oh, hi, come in!" Dr. Kim smiles widely as he gets up from his seat. "Thank you for being on time."

Donghyuck looks at Mark, shaking his head. Mark looks back, smiling slightly. "I'll be just outside, okay? Be good."

"Mr. Lee Donghyuck, you can have a seat now," Dr. Kim says but Donghyuck didn't let go of Mark's hand.

"Mark, I don't want to!" he whines, "I wanna go back to my room."

Mark sighs and smiles at Dr. Kim apologetically. He lets go of his boyfriend's hand and holds him on the shoulder. "You don't have to worry, Dr. Kim is nice. Come on now, sit there on the couch."

Donghyuck bites his lower lip and shakes his head. "Can you stay with me inside?"

"I can't, baby. But I promise you, I'll be just outside." Mark kisses his forehead. "I love you." He pushes him gently inside the office as he steps outside, closing the door.

Donghyuck stares at the door, whispering his boyfriend's name. Dr. Kim approaches him and taps him gently on the shoulder.

"Donghyuck, let's start now."

He turns to the therapist and looks at him dead. He slowly walks to the couch and sit. Dr. Kim follows and sits on the other couch across him.

"Hi, Donghyuck, I'm Dr. Kim Dongyoung but you can call me Mr. Kim or Doyoung hyung, whichever you prefer. Do you know why you are here?"

"No," he replies, looking down at his feet.

"Well, you are here so I can help you," Dr. Kim informs, "Now, I just have some questions to ask, and you have to answer them honestly, okay?" Donghyuck just nods. "All right. Firstly, have you eaten yet?"

"Yes..." Mr. Kim stays quiet. "No."

"Why?"

"I don't feel like it."

"Okay. Would you tell me how are you feeling for the past days, weeks and months?" When Dr. Kim sees Donghyuck goes silent, he inhales slightly. "It's fine if you don't want to."

"I feel worthless," Donghyuck begins, "Whenever I see myself in the mirror, especially my body, I hate it."

"Why do you hate your body?" Dr. Kim asks gently, waiting patiently for his patient to reply.

"I..." Donghyuck presses his lips together. "I don't want to be fat anymore. When I see some guys having skinny features, I feel jealous. I've always been insecure about my chubby cheeks, belly fats and thick thighs, I find them so unattractive."

Dr. Kim attentively listens with a worried look in his face. "But did you know that it doesn't matter if you don't have these skinny features? The important thing is you are healthy." He watches as Donghyuck fidgets in his fingers. "I don't judge you, okay? I actually fine chubby cheeks so attractive, they're cute. And belly fats? I have those, too and I like them."

"Good for you, then, Doyoung hyung."

Doyoung sighs. "Now, Donghyuck, to be able for me to help you, you have to acknowledge the fact that you have anorexia. And I need you to be willingly want to be helped. You can take your time, of course. But I do not accept 'no' for an answer."

"What if you won't be able to help me?"

"I will try my best, Donghyuck." Doyoung smiles, showing his bunny teeth. "Well, this session is over. You may come back if you finally made your decision. I'll be waiting."

Donghyuck gets up from the couch and Doyoung follows him. They both go to the door and Doyoung opens it for the patient. Donghyuck steps out of the office and sees Mark sitting on the waiting bench nearby.

Mark notices him and smiles. He rises from his seat and approaches his boyfriend. "Hey, I didn't realize it's done already."

Doyoung approaches the two of them and Mark turns to him. "Well, I told Donghyuck to come back when he's ready again. Don't pressure him, okay? I want him to take his time."

"Ah, all right, Dr. Kim. Thank you!" Mark bows and puts his arm around Donghyuck's now tiny waist.

Doyoung nods, "Have a nice day, you two. Take care!"

"Take care, too, Dr. Kim."

The couple finally walk back to Donghyuck's room where his parents are waiting. They use the elevator again. The whole ride was quiet. Donghyuck had his chin on his boyfriend's shoulder while hugging him.

When they arrive at the room, Donghyuck's parents get up from the couch and walk towards them.

"How are you, baby?" Donghyuck's mom asks to his son.

"The same," he mumbles as he walks to his bed, taking Mark's arm away from his waist. "I want to sleep."

"Alright, baby. I'll be just here," Mark says just as Donghyuck lays on the bed.
-

A/N

Almost forgot about this haha. Sorry about that. Anyway, I hope you liked it. Thank you for reading! <3