TWENTY-THREE

"Good morning, Mr. Lee!"

Donghyuck turns to the side and sees the nurse enter his room with the doctor.

"How's your sleep?"

Donghyuck doesn't reply. He feels so tired, and his eyes are swollen from crying so hard last night. His stomach hurts from throwing up, and now, he feels like he wants to throw up again.

"You don't look fine, Mr. Lee," the doctor comments. "Today is the day that you'll be discharged. I already called your parents and they'll be here soon. For now, I'll check on your vitals. Would you get up and sit properly, Donghyuck-ssi?"

Donghyuck slowly gets up, sitting on the bed like he's asked to.

Nurse Eunkyung first checks his body temperature using a temperature gun. She nods at the doctor, "His temperature's 36.5 degrees celsius."

"Okay, good." The doctor starts to check his heart beat. "Seems normal, too. That's good. Ms. Chae, note it down."

Eunkyung nods, holding her clipboard. "Yes, doc."

The doctor checks his lungs next, and his breathing's normal as well. He then checks his blood pressure, and he shakes his head. "Your blood pressure is low. You have to take the vitamin that Ms. Chae brought you. When you get home, drink a lot of water, and get enough sleep. And have a proper diet."

"...I know." Donghyuck rolls his eyes. "Are you done yet?"

The doctor sighs. "Mr. Mark Lee told me that you're going to continue the psychotherapy, is this true?"

He doesn't reply immediately. Does he really want to continue it? What if he didn't get better? What if he gets worse? He purses his lips and reluctantly nods, "Yes."

"That's good. I'll contact Dr. Kim Dongyoung to inform him about it." Doctor ruffles Donghyuck's hair, "Be a good boy, okay? Dr. Kim will try his best to help you." He manages a smile, "For now, just rest while you wait for your parents. And take your vitamin."

"Thanks."

"Let's go now, Ms. Chae."

"Yes, doc."

Donghyuck watches the two leave his room. He leans on the head board and looks at the table. There's a glass of water and the bottle of vitamins. He takes one tablet and grabs the glass of water. He puts the vitamin in his mouth quickly and chugs on the water, forcing his throat to swallow the vitamin.

"Ugh... I wanna throw up again."

×××

"Sweetie, are you ready to go home? Your siblings miss you so much." His mom carresses his back gently. "And I'm so glad you decided to continue the therapy. I'm so, so proud of you."

Donghyuck looks up at his mom and shakes his head, causing her to crease her forehead. "I don't wanna go home, yet."

She holds both of his hands, "Why, baby? Could you tell Mom?"

"I can't face my siblings like this."

"It's okay, they understand. And you'll be able to continue recovering at home, in that way, we would be able to monitor you. Right?"

I want to see Renjun.

"No!"

He gets off his bed and runs towards the door. His dad is about to pull him by the wrist but he quickly leaves the room, running across the hallway.

"Donghyuck, come back here!" He hears his mom's yell but he continues to run.

He's about to press a button on the elevator when someone suddenly pulls him. He pants, turning to look at the person.

"Renjun?" Donghyuck continues to pant. "Renjun-ah!"

"Why are you running in the hallway?"

Donghyuck holds onto him. "I don't wanna go home."

"Why?"

"I..." Donghyuck sighs heavily. "I want to see you."

"What?"

Renjun pulls him until they reach the garden, Donghyuck just lets him. He sits Donghyuck on the bench and then sits next to him.

"Do you hear yourself? You're going to be discharged today! You don't have to see me." Renjun creases his forehead, "You'll finally be home and will be able to spend time with your boyfriend, your friends, and your family. You don't wanna stay here."

"But..."

"Why are you doing this to me?"

Donghyuck furrows his eyebrows, "What?"

Renjun sighs, calming himself. "You need to go home."

"I told you I want to see you... every day."

"No, you don't!" Renjun raises his voice, "It's your boyfriend that you should want to be seeing every day, not me!" His eyebrows are furrowed, eyes are looking at him sharply, and his fist are clenched.

"Renjun, what's the matter with you? Why are you so mad?" Donghyuck glares at him. "If I want to stay here, I can."

"Stop it, Donghyuck! I don't want to see you anymore."

Donghyuck gasps, "Renjun..."

Renjun widen his eyes when he realizes what he just said. "No, Donghyuck, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it."

Donghyuck feels like crying. It's the first time he saw Renjun like this. "Fine, I'll go home now if you're sick of me. You hate seeing sick people anyway." He rises from the bench and starts to walk out.

Renjun watches him leave but he couldn't bring his feet to drag himself and follow Donghyuck. It hurts.
-

A/N

thank you so much for reading <3 advance happy new year!