TWELVE

The nurse places his dinner down on the bedside table. "Are you okay now, Mr. Lee?" He didn't reply. "Why were you in the hallway and crying?"

Donghyuck gazes sharply then looks away, "None of your business."

Eunkyung sighs. "I hope you'll be fine soon, Mr. Lee. Please, eat your dinner. And don't wander in the hospital alone, you might get lost."

"Can you please leave now?" Donghyuck raises an eyebrow.

She nods, still worried. "Okay, Mr. Lee. I'll go ahead now." She bows slightly and leaves his room.

He lays in his bed, puts his hands on his stomach and stares at the ceiling. Until he feels the need to turn to his side so he did. As he's about to close his eyes, he hears the door open.

"Donghyuck?" That voice.

He looks at the person and smiles, "Renjun."

Renjun closes the door before walking towards his bed. "What were you doing wandering in the hallway?"

He gets up and sits in an indian sitting position. "I was trying to follow my boyfriend but then he really left. I hate being alone here."

Renjun moves slightly forward and caresses the younger's leg softly. He looks at him and smiles a bit, "Do you want me to stay here and accompany you?" Donghyuck didn't hesitate to nod. "All right, I'll stay with you until you fall asleep."

"Thank you, Nurse Renjun."

"You're welcome." Renjun giggles. He suddenly glances at the bedside table and sees the prepared dinner that Donghyuck didn't even move. "Oh, Donghyuck,"

"Why?"

"I think it's time for you to eat your dinner."

Donghyuck pouts, "No," he shakes his head once, "I don't want to."

"How about I feed you... again?" Renjun flashes an anticipating smile. He waits patiently for an answer as he watches the younger just stare at him, chewing on his lower lip. Donghyuck then looks down and shakes his head again.

"Even if I want to eat, I'm always so anxious about myself being chubby again. Now that I have flat stomach, I don't want to have those belly fats anymore."

"But Donghyuck, please, even just for a little bit. Please?" The patient stays quiet. Renjun moves closer to him and reaches for his hands. "Listen to me, sweetie. No matter what body shape you have, no one has the rights to judge you. However, what you're doing is most likely unhealthy. We are not forcing you to eat to get fat, we are encouraging you to eat to get better again." Renjun gently caresses the back of Donghyuck's hand. "Everyone is beautiful in their own way. You're beautiful just the way you are. Always remember that, sweetie."

"You're just saying that to make me feel—"

"I'm telling the truth, darling. You're really pretty, I swear."

Donghyuck curves his lips to the side. "You're prettier, though."

Renjun giggles, "Don't distract me. You still need to eat, you know."

"Okay. Feed me, then," he shyly says, "Just... slowly, okay?"

The older widely smiles and nods, "For sure!"
-