THIRTY-TWO

"Mark?" Donghyuck's eyes are widen. He sees Mark walk towards him. He turns to his side and sees that Renjun cannot be found anymore.

"What are you doing here? Who are you talking to? Your session's done?" Mark sits next to him, placing the paper bag, of a famous fast food restaurant, he's carrying.

Donghyuck gulps. "Let's go home."

"Sure! I bought some food. You can eat it while we're on the way to your house, only if you want to, of course."

"Okay."

"Let's go, then."

They get up and walk away, their hands holding each other. Donghyuck looks back, but he doesn't see Renjun anymore.

They stop in front of Dr. Kim's office. Mark knocks before opening the door. "Hi, Dr. Kim! Thank you so much."

Dr. Kim waves at him, "Hey, Mark-ssi! Could I talk to you for a second? Just you."

Mark smiles, nodding at Dr. Kim. "Sure!" He slowly lets go of Donghyuck's hand and pats his head. "I'll go talk to Dr. Kim, okay? You go wait here."

When Donghyuck nods, Mark enters the office. He sits on the sofa where Dr. Kim is sitting on already. "So, Dr. Kim, what are we going to talk about?"

"About Donghyuck."

Mark furrows his eyebrows, "What's the matter about Donghyuck?"

"Well, Donghyuck is almost getting better. I'm positive about it—"

Mark accidentally interrupts, "That's good to know."

Dr. Kim continues, "But he said, he doesn't want to continue getting this psychotherapy. I can't tell you why, you can just ask him. My concern is, if he discontinue this therapy and doesn't get better soon, I'm afraid he needs to be confined again."

"Oh." Mark nods. "I'll tell his parents about it so they can help him. I won't be next to him every single day, but I'll make sure to remind him to take his meals."

Dr. Kim nods and taps his shoulder, "You can go ahead now. Take care of your boyfriend."

Mark gets up and bows at him. He walks to the doot and exits the office.

Donghyuck has his back leaning on the wall. He's looking down at the floor, playing with his fingers. What happened earlier is playing in his mind. He suddenly touches his lips. He couldn't believe he kissed Renjun again. The latter's soft lips still linger in his own. He can still feel the ghost of Renjun's lips on his own lips.

"Babe," He jolts back to reality when his boyfriend called him.

"Mark! What did Doyoung hyung tell you?"

"We'll talk about it later. Let's go!" Mark smiles, wrapping his arm around the younger's shoulders. Donghyuck gulps, nodding.

×××

"Do you still want to continue the therapy?" Mark asks as he driving.

Donghyuck doesn't reply for a while. "I don't."

"Why not?"

"I..." Donghyuck hesitates, "I think Doyoung hyung has helped me enough. I want to recover by myself. I know I can do it, so, I don't need the therapy anymore."

"Are you telling the truth?"

Donghyuck nods, "Yes. Why would I lie?"

Mark nods, placing his hand on the younger's exposed thigh. "I respect your decision, babe. I'll be happy when you're happy. I'm not always by your side, but I'm here to support you. Just make sure to take care of yourself, hm?"

"Yes. Thank you, Mark."

"No need to thank me, it's fine. If you want to eat, you have your food. If you don't, you can sleep. You can do whatever you want," Mark says softly.

"I'll eat it at home," He puts the paper bag by his side, "I'll sleep for now."

"Sure, baby. Sleep well."

Donghyuck smiles slightly before closing his eyes.

×××

Donghyuck's in his room and crying again. The door's locked so no one would barge in. He's lying on his bed, facing the wall, body curled into a C-shaped, and he's hugging himself.

"I don't want to suffer anymore," he sobs, "Of all the people in the world, why me? Why do I have to suffer every single day? I hate my body, I hate the way I look, and I hate myself. Can I just disappear already?"

"Donghyuck!" His mom suddenly knocks on the door. "Open this door. Are you okay?" He covers his mouth to suppress another loud sob. "Sweetie, please."

"Go away!"

"No! Let Momma talk to you. I'm always here for you, I want to help you, my son."

"What help can you do? Can you enter inside my brain and fix it? No!"

"Sweetie, please, just open this door!"

Donghyuck ignores her and closes his eyes. Even if he wants to talk to her, he wouldn't be able to tell her his problem. He can't just tell her about this certain person who's lingering in his mind, can he?

Renjun makes him so freaking insane. That nurse is the reason why he wants to get better, yet he's also the reason why he's suffering so much. His guilt haunts him every single day, and he couldn't do anything about it. Why must he have to like another person when he already has a boyfriend?

The worst thing he wants to do right now is to disappear so that he wouldn't have to deal with everything.
-

A/N

I hope you liked this chapter. thank you so much for reading <3 and happy hearts day, sunshines! ❤️