FOURTEEN

"Oh, you're awake!"

Donghyuck rubs his eyes and turns to the person standing by his bed. "Renjun?"

"Hi."

"Y-you're still here?"

Renjun laughs, "Why? Don't you want me here?"

"I do." Donghyuck gets up and sits on the bed. "It's just... I thought you won't be here when I wake up."

"Mhm." Renjun sits next to him. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." Donghyuck smiles, "I feel good."

"That's great!" Renjun claps, grinning. "Keep it up, you'll be better soon."

Donghyuck furrows his eyebrows. "But why are you still here?"

"I watched over you. You said you don't wanna be alone."

"But I thought you'd leave once I fall asleep."

Renjun softly chuckles, "I stayed just in case you wake up in the middle of the night and notice that you're alone. It made me sad when you told me you hate being alone here."

Donghyuck feels like crying. "Th-thank you." Renjun just nods and rubs his back. "I... I don't know what to say."

"Don't worry about it."

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. Renjun turns to look at it and clenches his fist.

"Why is this door locked?" They heard from outside, "Mr. Lee? Are you awake?"

Donghyuck opens his mouth to speak but Renjun covers it before he could even say something. The younger looks at him confusedly but Renjun only mouths, "Quiet."

"Mr. Lee, I'll come back to give your vitamins, okay? You sleep well." They heard footsteps walking away from the room.

Renjun then finally gets his hand off Donghyuck's mouth and the latter sighs heavily.

"What was that for? Did you lock the door?"

"I did. So no one would barge in and disturb you." Renjun sighs, "I'm sorry."

Donghyuck curls his lips to the side, "Okay, that's fine. Thank you, I guess. I don't want to eat their meal nor take the vitamins, they make me want to throw up."

Renjun just nods. "Should I stay here even more?"

Donghyuck shrugs, "Sure. I like you being here. But if you need to go, that's fine for me."

"Will you be okay?"

"Of course." Donghyuck chuckles. "If you need to go now, it's fine. Go ahead, I'm used to being alone."

"Donghyuck-ah," Renjun softly calls him. His eyes soften, rubbing the younger's hand.

"I'll be fine." He smiles, "Thank you for staying with me last night. You're a great nurse."

Renjun's cheeks form a red blush, it's even more obvious due to his pale complexion. "I will come back," he promises, "See you later."

"See you, Nurse Renjun." He waves and the nurse waves back.

He watches Renjun walk towards the door. The latter smiles before opening the door and stepping outside. Donghyuck sighs as Renjun finally closes the door.

"It's fine. I'm fine." He lies down on his bed then closes his eyes.

×××

"Mr. Lee, take your vitamin already."

He just stares at the wall even though Eunkyung taps him on the shoulder many times. She sighs, placing the tray of his lunch on the bedside table.

"Why don't you just leave?"

"Donghyuck-ssi, you have to take this."

Donghyuck shifts and leans his back on the head board. "I don't want to. They make me puke."

Eunkyung doesn't say anything. She leaves the tray and bottle of vitamins on the table, taps his shoulder once again, then exits his room, not forgetting to close the door.

Donghyuck glances at the table and softly sighs. He gets up from the bed and gently pushes his feet on the floor. He smoothens his hospital dress before walking up to the door. He slowly turns the knob and pulls the door open. He looks back to his bed before exiting his room, and closes the door.

He inhales deeply then exhales slowly. He starts to walk to the right until he stops infront of the big mirror. He stops there and sits on the floor, staring at his own reflection.

He stares until his vision blurs out. And then, tears start to flow down his cheeks. He sobs quietly, fighting the urge to wipe his tears off. He cries and cries, until he cannot see anything due to his tears blocking his sight. He closes his eyes and continues to sob.

"Donghyuck-ah!"
-