THREE

"Babe, wake up! Your parents are here."

He fell asleep. He opens his eyes and sees his parents sitting on the couch. He gets up and sits on the bed, rubbing both of his eyes. "W-where's the pretty nurse?"

"The who?" Mark furrows his eyebrows.

"The pretty nurse."

"Eunkyung didn't go here. Which nurse are you talking about?"

Donghyuck looks down, "Nevermind." He turns to the bedside table and he didn't see any slices of apple. He stares confusedly and tilts his head, "Was I only dreaming?"

He doesn't notice his parents walking towards his bed. He's looking down and trying to remember his so-called dream. The nurse has a pretty face and mesmerizing smile. And the way he brushed his hair, it's relaxing. That can't be a dream, it felt real.

"Hyuckie, how are you?" He gets startle slightly when his mom suddenly talk.

"I... I wanna go home."

His mom smiles flatly, "Soon, okay?"

Soon. He'll be going back home soon. He can't wait.

"Have you eaten yet?" his dad asks and he only shakes his head as a response. "We brought some homemade sandwich with strawberry jam. It's your favorite, right?" He licks his lips when his dad hands him the container of sandwich. "Come on, son, please? You have to eat."

"Even just a little bit?" he asks.

"Well, you need to consume it. It's for your own good, so you could be healthy again."

He grabs the container and places it on the table beside his bed. He opens the lid and picks up the sandwich. He gulps and bites a little bit on the corner. He chews shortly before trying to bite bigger than before.

He attempts to chew but he stops himself as he feels his stomach twisted. "No, no." He forces himself to swallow the piece of sandwich but he gags, feeling himself wanting to vomit. "Maybe next time." He puts the rest of the sandwich back on the container and leans on the head board.

His mom sighs and offers him a bottle of water instead. "How about a drink?"

He reluctantly grabs the bottle and turns the lid open then gulps an enough amount of water. "Thanks." He then places the bottle on the table. He sighs heavily, "Can I sleep again?"

"You've been sleeping a lot, babe," Mark says, "You're becoming anemic."

"Do you wanna go to the garden at the back of the hospital, honey? For some fresh air," his mom suggests, and Donghyuck just nods. She then smiles, "Okay, let's go!"

Mark gets the wheelchair from the corner of the room and helps Donghyuck get off the bed. He then guides him to sit on the wheelchair. He was about to get the IV bag when the nurse, Eunkyung, suddenly barges in.

"Oh, good afternoon! I just need to give Mr. Lee his vitamins," she informs. "Where are you going to take him?"

"To the garden," Donghyuck's dad replies.

"Ah, then, I can pull out his tube if he wants to walk by himself, so he doesn't need to use the wheelchair. Only if he wants to."

"Yes, please, get this thing out of my body." Donghyuck rolls his eyes.

"You're so kind. Thank you," his mom says sweetly.

Eunkyung then proceeds to pull out Donghyuck's IV tube that was changed just two days ago. He sighs of relief and slowly gets up from the wheelchair.

"Oh, but before you go, please take your vitamins, Mr. Lee." Eunkyung hands him a tablet.

He pouts, "I feel like vomitting whenever I take that."

"Just take it, babe. It's for you," Mark calmly says.

Hesitantly, Donghyuck takes the tablet and drinks water, closing his eyes tightly, and force his body to take the vitamin.

Mark smiles as he watches his boyfriend. "Good boy." Donghyuck just glares at him.
-