EIGHTEEN

Donghyuck opens his eyes and realizes he's in his room again. He looks around and sees Renjun next to him, sitting on a chair.

"What happened?"

"You fainted."

He creases his forehead, "Huh?"

"You were crying so hard, you fainted."

Donghyuck gets up, feeling his head hurting. He carefully sits on the bed and looks at Renjun. "Sorry you had to witness that."

"You haven't eaten anything, have you?"

He sighs. "No."

"I notice your meal on the table, did Mark buy it for you?" He just nods. "Have you tried to eat it?"

"I... don't want to."

"Come on, just a little bit." Renjun grabs the paper bag and picks the meal up. He opens it and sees one cup of rice and chicken nuggets. "This looks delicious. Are you sure you don't want to eat it?"

"Stop!"

"It would be a waste if you don't eat it." Renjun smirks, "Mark bought it for you, just shows how much he cares about you."

"You're going to make me cry again."

"Cry all you want, that's fine for me." Renjun holds his hand, "Want me to feed you?"

Donghyuck shakes his head, "I can eat by myself."

"Then eat, or I will leave you."

"Just leave! I'm used to it." Donghyuck sighs, looking away. "All you do is to make me feel bad about myself."

"I don't." Renjun moves the younger's head to make him look at him. "Fine, if you don't want to eat. Let yourself suffer even more, if that makes you happy."

Renjun puts the meal on the bed and lets go of the younger's hand. He walks towards the door and is about to turn the knob but Donghyuck stops him.

"Stay. Please."

He smiles and goes back to the chair. "I'll watch you eat."

Donghyuck rolls his eyes and turns his head to the meal. He shakily grabs it by his left hand, and his right hand grabs the spoon.

Renjun watches him take the first bite. He grins, "Good boy."

×××

Donghyuck doesn't finish his meal but for Renjun, that's fine. He places it back on the table and drinks a glass of water.

"I hope your stomach feels better now." Renjun tells him as he sits next to him on the bed. "You did great. I'm proud of you, darling."

Darling.

"Thank you," Donghyuck mumbles. "I'm sleepy."

"Oh, but you just ate. You can sleep later." Renjun ruffles his hair. "Wanna take your vitamin this time?"

"I can't take no more."

Renjun chuckles lightly, "Okay, okay."

They go silent afterwards, yet there's no awkwardness in their atmosphere. Donghyuck uncomfortably shifts, sitting with his feet crossed. He voluntarily holds Renjun's cold hand to interlace their fingers together.

Renjun notices. "You like holding my hand?"

"I like holding hands," Donghyuck corrects, "But I especially like holding my boyfriend's hands."

"Okay." Renjun laughs, "You can hold my hands anytime. They're cold, though."

"My hands are cold, too, so that's fine." Donghyuck sighs, "Sorry. It just makes me feel safe holding hands with people I'm comfortable with."

"You feel comfortable with me?" Donghyuck nods. "Glad to know that, darling."
-

A/N

Apologies, I didn't realize it's Wednesday today (at least in my timezone), so I almost forgot about this again HAHA. Hope you liked the update, anyway. Thanks for reading! :D