IWDTLY (A Draco Malfoy Love Story) ... 17

*peeks around corner*shoots back in fear*jumps out to type Author’s Note*: I’m not allowed to be on the computer right now. I’m also ignoring my entire family’s existence! Woo! I also applied for my first job! Wish me luck! Sure it’s not exactly the place I wanna work but hey! I’ll get money to spend! (EDIT 10/20/13: I still have the same job, and it still sucks ass.) This chappie makes me sad. I didn’t want to write this chapter! But have no fear or hatred readers, they do end up together 

I Was Dared to Love You (A Draco Malfoy Love Story)

Chapter 17: Believe It Or Not

--------| Violet’s POV |---------

            I raced up the stairway in search of any type of shoe, anything that could be considered footwear would have worked. I ended up finding a pair of what seemed to be Luna’s converse and slipped them on without socks. My heart was racing a million miles an hour and my hands were shaking so bad that it took three tries to get the bunny ears to cooperate. Soon the laces were knotted snugly together in a package deal, and I took off at a sprint back to where Draco would—hopefully—be waiting.

            Speaking of Draco, he seemed so much different than I had been expecting. I had thought he’d be like all my last dates. All those dates could be summed up to one word: horny. I know, I know, how rude and unladylike is that? Super! But still, I wasn’t the type of dance that wanted her cha-cha rubbing on his who-ha. Don’t get me wrong, I like to dance with a guy every once in a while, but classic dancing. Where the guy leads and the girl willingly follows. And Draco, Draco knew how to lead. Perfectly. I felt … comfortable with him. He wasn’t yelling “mudblood” anymore and every once in a while he’d mutter my name under his breath (though I don’t think he realized that he did so). All in all, he made my head spin and my body numb with happiness.

            The stairs felt endless and eventually I came to the staircase in front of the Great Hall. Quickly, I pattered down them and caught my breath. Gulping in a breath of air, I walked over to where I had left Draco. My mouth opened as I began to say that I was back.

            “Making Archrival Love For Our enjoYment, or Operation MALFOY,” stopped me cold. H-how did he know that? That was our Operation! He couldn’t know that! Unless … someone told him.

            “Who told you?” I whispered, feeling defeated. If he thought that all of it was a joke then I guess it would seem sort of pointless to say how much it wasn’t.

            Draco spun on his heal and threw a piece of folded parchment at me. It hit me square in the stomach and fluttered down to the floor. An angry gleam was in those perfect gray eyes, a pained look all together. Unshed tears seemed to flood the corners of his eyes and my heart thudded painfully against my ribcage. “How did I find out!? That stupid ginger prick Weasley told me; who else? Rubbed in the fact that you were dared to talk to me,” Draco yelled, but as he went on his voice slowly descended into a whisper.

            Ron? Ronald? How in bloody broomsticks had he found out? Hermione must have mentioned it by accident or Ginny. But that didn’t matter right now. What mattered was the look that Draco, who I had undoubtedly found to like, was glaring at me as if I was scum under his shoe.

            Again.

            A few tears traced my cheeks, and helplessly I blubbered out, “It wasn’t like that.” How could he think that? I’d gussied up for him, danced with him, I gave him my first kiss for crying out loud! How could he think that the entire time I was with him was a dirty joke?

            “Ha-ha-ha,” he mocked, making that knife in my heart dig that much deeper. “Have a good laugh did we? You and your friends probably got a good few for leading me on, eh?”

            “It wasn’t—”

            “—like that? Of course it was!”

            ‘No. No it wasn’t,’ I thought but knew that if I tried he would probably just call me a lying flying pig. Not that he would know what that means anyway. Instead I pretended to get angry so he would leave before I burst into tears, “Fine,if you think it was than just fuck off! I don’t need you anyway! I never needed you!”

            Malfoy’s whole body stood frozen as if he had just been well, froze. Slowly, he straightened his tie, then his shirt, and lastly that one cute button that was undone. One hand raked through his hair making it that much imperfectly perfect than it had been before. Those once shining gray eyes were flat and pierced like daggers into my skin. At that moment, he couldn’t have been any more beautiful than ever before. “Believe it or not,” his voice was like ice: unemotional, unattached, burning cold. “I had started to like you.”

            After that I couldn’t take it anymore. A few more painful tears slipped out and before I could stop myself, I walked up to Draco and slapped him hard across the face. His head whipped to the side and a stinging burning feeling came to the palm of my hand. “Since when have you started believing anything Ron told you?”

            With that I turned around and ran out of the hallway. I didn’t stop until I reached the sanctuary of my bedroom.

=====

Hope you liked it!

Comment, Vote, and Fa-Han?

Love and fireworks,

unique-goddess