Chapter Thirteen : The Personified, Ice Queen of KPOP

February 2015

It was around the morning, the girls were very much on their own world inside the dance studio while having a break, when the staff called them over urgently for a meeting they weren't prepared for, nor was informed beforehand.

YG wanted to meet with them, after coming back from a three week business trip off to somewhere they all didn't know.

"Why do you think he wants to see us?" Jisoo asked, a lingering anxiety in her chest that even though there were only five of them in the building, and for sure, they're going to be the ones debuting - there were still doubts.

YG can take them off the hook any given moment, and that wasn't a good impression.

"Maybe he just wants to talk to us about our upcoming debut next year," Jiah tried to be positive, smiling widely at them as a form of motivation. She didn't want any of them to lose hope now, now that they're on the edge of debuting. "Let's try and be positive."

"Yeah, and that's coming from you, who clearly won't get cut off no matter what you do," Jennie snaps, giving Jiah a look that was disapproved by the others.

"She worked hard for where she is like the rest of us, not because she's a favorite," Chaeyoung held onto Jiah's arm, shielding her away from Jennie. "Admit it, she's even more talented than you are."

"Ya-"

"Can you two not?" Jisoo stopped for a moment, holding out a hand to stop Jennie from attacking Chaeyoung in the middle of the hallway, all the way to the main meeting area. "Please don't fight. Not right now."

"Can I slap her face after the meeting? Because yeah, I'm willing to do it." Jennie narrowed her eyes, looking at Jisoo then to Chaeyoung.

"Unnie. . ." Lisa probed Jennie, holding to her arm loosely, quite tired of the fights always going on between the two. It was never ending. "Let's just get this over with."

"Chaeyoung-ah." Jiah whispered beside the Australian girl, who turned to look at her just as she shook her head. "Just let her be."

"I can't let her go around giving you shit, she's done this for years," Chaeyoung says, and though all of them knew this was a fact, since Jennie never stopped picking on Jiah, they kept quiet. "Grow up." She told Jennie.

"You grow up!" Jennie suddenly let out, watching the way Jiah held Chaeyoung away from her. "You think you're so co-"

"Girls," a staff member's voice beamed in the hallway, an old YG staff member - who clearly knows all the bits that happen behind the stage - called for them with a look. "Don't keep him waiting."

At that, they all immediately composed themselves and bowed. "De. Miyanhae." It was an automatic response to disrespect, and Jennie could only give Chaeyoung and Jiah and side-eye look before making her way to the meeting room, followed by Jisoo with a sigh, and Lisa with a small smile.

Chaeyoung and Jiah took their time.

"You can't just blow up every time she says something about me that you strongly disagree on," Jiah let out a chuckle, intertwining her and Chaeyoung's hand as they made their way to the room. "I told you to just let her be."

"I can't though." Chaeyoung groans, squeezing Jiah's hand. "She's always bullying you and you're not doing anything about it."

"Jennie's nice," Jiah defended gently, and the girl only stared at her as if she was crazy. "She really is. She must be going through a lot right now that's why she's projecting her rudeness on me. . . it's okay."